IGNORED

stockhausen - kontakte

vamos scorcho

when i listen to this my heart rate rises and my whole body becomes stiff. i am transported to alternate dimensions of thoughts - kind of like dreams of things happening that could have happened but didn't. complete fantasy. like dreaming while awake. one of the most zen musical creations ever to be created, i say. a spiritual mentor for those who are willing to listen to it multiple times.

anybody else a fan of this piece?

if you aren't, here is how i recommend listening. listen once in bed in the dark with headphones. let your mind drift off. then do this again and again over the next few months whenever you feel like it - i guarantee you will start to see what i mean. it's incredible.

it's a good composition. When i first heard it i was shocked someone that early was making music that crazy. totally stumbled upon this in a thrift store when i was around 16, salvation army.

i remixed it into a disco track for my electronic music mashup 1955-1983 , spam :

(bottom link)

Guest margaret thatcher

depends what you're looking for in music

you appear to be driven more by the desire to find more complex and sophisticated styles of music

whereas i'm driven more by the pure basic emotional enjoyment of whatever i hear

i can feel an internet battle of wits coming on

lawl shit forget it.

yes i don't have much emotion in me these days, it will come back sooner or later and i won't be able to enjoy music like kontakte as much. but for now

Guest margaret thatcher

fair play, i can't be arsed with internet arguements to be honest. if you like something, then good.

i suppose when i joined this forum back in 2004, i listened to mainly intrumental music, such as the fellas in their own subforums.

and now, it's mostly music with vocals.

i think it stems from having made lots of intrumental music, but being incapable of writing any lyrics that sound half decent, or not being a good enough instrument player as opposed to music writer.

i suppose i'm interested my music that i could not have made myself.

but i guess kontakte just doesn't do it for me. i rambled a bit off the subject there...

Guest margaret thatcher

ah yeah, i uploaded a stack of gigs and then no one responded for a few days and i needed the webspace for something else. i'll stick a stack of them back up.

i'm talking with a fella in canada about getting a load of cassettes of orb live recordings that i don't already have, from the orblivion era. i'll let you know.

anyway, uploading now.

Guest tht tne

ah yeah, i uploaded a stack of gigs and then no one responded for a few days and i needed the webspace for something else. i'll stick a stack of them back up.

i'm talking with a fella in canada about getting a load of cassettes of orb live recordings that i don't already have, from the orblivion era. i'll let you know.

anyway, uploading now.

sweet if you need a link to the thread it's here

no, i always found kontakte dull as fuck. sorry.

while i do think vamos merely made this thread for bragging/elite posturing i'm surprised you don't like Kontakte, especially being a throbbing gristle fan!

the world doesn't understand me in the least. much less this message board.

by making this thread i was sharing my experience - the experience of being transported to a dreamworld while awake during the time that i listen to this piece. nobody believes me obviously but fine.

it just makes me sad that i have this many posts and you all still think i'm a moron

Guest Lube Saibot

it just makes me sad that i have this many posts and you all still think i'm a moron

Archived