IGNORED

stockhausen - kontakte

vamos scorcho

Guest margaret thatcher

no, i always found kontakte dull as fuck. sorry.

while i do think vamos merely made this thread for bragging/elite posturing i'm surprised you don't like Kontakte, especially being a throbbing gristle fan!

hmmm yeah. i think tg is packed full of emotion though. when you play tg to people, they usually say "this is fucking creepy, you sick fuck". i'm thinking very friendly, persuasion, convincing people, discipline, hamburger lady, something came over me....that kinda stuff.

whereas you could play kontakte and they'd just ask for you to tune the radio in.

i reckon a lot of tg is closer to pop music than most people think. i think stockhausen would probably have made a comment about african rhythms if someone had played him hot on the heels of love or united.

Kontakte isn't my favourite. He was an instrumental composer experimenting with electronic technology in its infancy.

Mantra is a better piece in my opinion. The only electroacoustic element is that the pianos are fed through ring modulators, but very effective.

forgotten how to embed

p.s. subotnick

just kidding by the way. this was just a logical place for me to head musically after confield started sounding like the prodigy

fuckin lol

• 9 years later...

https://www.academia.edu/502412/Stockhausen_versus_the_Technocrats_interview_with_Karlheinz_Stockhausen_23.07.1995_Salzburg

honestly Rich had the only good response here. the other two more or less admit that they got owned by Karlheinz. "what I like about repetition is it can draw the listener and lull you into a false sense of security." pretty sure there are ways to do that without repetition m8. and then the other guy... well apparently he was just 18 at the time, so no shame that he sounds completely out of his depth lol.

Archived