IGNORED

"in the middle, somewhat elevated"

Guest bardamu

Guest bardamu

just got back from the sf ballet's performance of "in the middle, somewhat elevated." its a pretty amazing piece of modern dance with an avante-garde electronic score from the mid 80s. It reminded me a lot of anvil vapre, with a few textural touches of confield. highly highly recommended; its playing saturday and sunday in SF. let me know if any local bay area people are going... i might just go again. the accompanying performance of stravinsky's petrouchka was also amazing, but thats another story ;)

also, why the hell hasn't autechre been used by any modern dance troupes yet?

just got back from the sf ballet's performance of "in the middle, somewhat elevated." its a pretty amazing piece of modern dance with an avante-garde electronic score from the mid 80s. It reminded me a lot of anvil vapre, with a few textural touches of confield. highly highly recommended; its playing saturday and sunday in SF. let me know if any local bay area people are going... i might just go again. the accompanying performance of stravinsky's petrouchka was also amazing, but thats another story ;)

also, why the hell hasn't autechre been used by any modern dance troupes yet?

this modern dance event sounds amazing, i wish i could make it.

have a look at this work by chris clark which was posted in the a short cut to clark thread here on watmm.

i rather like it i must say, an album showcasing this minimal material would be wonderful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiLK7S2fXqQ

Archived