IGNORED

Save State bending

mcbpete

oh man food that sounds amazing. have you tried the other bgm's from the sound test in the options? I"m checking it now, and it comes up with some really amazing stuff for the other songs too.

yeah I have done a few with ghouls n ghosts sound test - pretty cool results.

I found raiden and sonic 3 also work well. universal soldier seems to play almost normally from what I have tried.

I was bummer sf2 doesn't load in - I love the music in that game. also moonwalker would have been good, but doesn't seem to work. about 25% of games I tried work ok.

Guest Bramsworth

I give up already. This hurts my ears more than makes anything pleasant to listen to. I've always been more for melody than glitching though.

If this turns into a compilation album I'll expect a lot of people saying "it's just noise man!" :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by Bramsworth

Guest Bramsworth

Got this by doing the Earthworm Jim method I mentioned earlier. It wasn't done using a savestate, but it's practically the same thing as you guys have been getting.

Edit: Stupid attach function on this board doesn't seem to be doing anything. Gotta find somewhere else to upload :facepalm:

Edited by Bramsworth

Guest Bramsworth

Got this by doing the Earthworm Jim method I mentioned earlier. It wasn't done using a savestate, but it's practically the same thing as you guys have been getting.

http://soundcloud.com/pretentiousartistname/earthworm-jim-u-000

Edit: Damn now it's uploaded and this is a double post. WTF is going on.

Earthworm Jim (U) !_000.wav

Edited by Bramsworth

http://soundcloud.com/pretentiousartistname/earthworm-jim-u-000

Edit: Damn now it's uploaded and this is a double post. WTF is going on.

jesus christ that's fucked up!

this is gonna be a great compilation! :emotawesomepm9: :emotawesomepm9:

so bram, how exactly are you doing this? I tried it and it wasn't going for me. So you're supposed to be making sure you get hit as much as possible... but theres always this temporary invincibility after i get hit... maybe theres a particular method of invincibility that you're using to get rid of that? sounds cool tho.

Edited by taphead

Definitely up for doing this compilation. I'll submit an edited down version of the 20 minute jam I got from various Sonic games lol.

EDIT: RLR would be perfect for this. Failing that, I'd gladly put it out through FIR. Or perhaps joint distribution?

Edited by futureimage

Guest Bramsworth

so bram, how exactly are you doing this? I tried it and it wasn't going for me. So you're supposed to be making sure you get hit as much as possible... but theres always this temporary invincibility after i get hit... maybe theres a particular method of invincibility that you're using to get rid of that? sounds cool tho.

I'll make a video demonstrating in a bit. It can't be pulled off in every level from what I can tell though.

Guest Bramsworth

Can't edit last post, ah well. Load the EWJ rom with the same name as the megaupload file(the board says I'm not allowed to attach it -_-), go to file > Open Input Movie and open the attachment.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SZHG6C32

Unfortunately Gens Plus doesn't seem to recreate the music screwing up :/ Regular Gens or Kega Fusion both do it properly though, if you just copy what's going on in the video. I would have recorded a video with Kega Fusion were it not for the AVI it outputs not playing in a single player I have.

BTW I don't think the effects vary that much doing this heh.

Edited by Bramsworth

oh rad bram, that helped me figure it out. huh, very bizarre effect. it almost seemed to keep playing back the same melody for me.

that glitched out sega logo should totally be the cover. here's the images I've been getting

wvsnjm.gif2r6efrm.jpg95tnrr.gif

4jvvpi.gifznrl0x.gifwjb1uw.gif

and here's one more jam

another really melodic one, sonic 3 data select into theme park, with the DAC disabled because it was making lots of noise.

http://alextripp.com/music/sonic3dataselect_into_themepark_000.mp3

Guest Bramsworth

oh rad bram, that helped me figure it out. huh, very bizarre effect. it almost seemed to keep playing back the same melody for me.

that glitched out sega logo should totally be the cover. here's the images I've been getting

wvsnjm.gif2r6efrm.jpg95tnrr.gif

4jvvpi.gifznrl0x.gifwjb1uw.gif

and here's one more jam

another really melodic one, sonic 3 data select into theme park, with the DAC disabled because it was making lots of noise.

http://alextripp.com/music/sonic3dataselect_into_themepark_000.mp3

Something about this song is keeping me laughing :emotawesomepm9: You have to wonder what's making it so it just keeps going up like that. Cool find!