IGNORED

Tron Legacy - full trailer online

Rubin Farr

i just rewatched bits of the original Tron a couple days ago and everything i saw looked a thousand times more creative and visionary and groundbreaking then what i saw in this new trailer.

metallic hydraulic looking recognizers, boring outfits with a few tiny strips of neon on them here and there, smoke and dust getting kicked up by moving vehicles, surfaces with scratches and scuff marks on them... :facepalm:

i think it's depressing that with all this modern tech at their disposal, and a film where the effects guys and the conceptual artists can finally just let their imaginations go WILD... that they come out with something so ordinary looking. i was really looking forward to this film just being visually insane and instead... meh. :sleep:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just rewatched bits of the original Tron a couple days ago and everything i saw looked a thousand times more creative and visionary and groundbreaking then what i saw in this new trailer.

metallic hydraulic looking recognizers, boring outfits with a few tiny strips of neon on them here and there, smoke and dust getting kicked up by moving vehicles, surfaces with scratches and scuff marks on them... :facepalm:

i think it's depressing that with all this modern tech at their disposal, and a film where the effects guys and the conceptual artists can finally just let their imaginations go WILD... that they come out with something so ordinary looking. i was really looking forward to this film just being visually insane and instead... meh. :sleep:

hey nail meet head

Guest Scrambled Ears

oh my god this looks absolutely awful, they took everything good looking about the original and polished it till it had no soul. visually it looks far less interesting than the original film.

and that bit crusher burst in the trailer? wtf! daft punk you've outdone yourselves

Yeah. Judging off of the trailer, the costumes and scenery looked better in the original.

fuck the fuck off, i might as well say something equally as offensive. Star wars phantom menance looks far superior to return of the jedi an empire strikes back

ya this looks like it blows...maybe more than transformers...and Legacy....wtf :facepalm:

hey nail meet head

Technology-590x467.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

have called the local cinemas here and they're all showing this fucking film in 3D only. so that's settled it then - i shall not be paying for a cinema ticket to watch this film, since the only option they're giving customers is the extortionately expensive and overly gimmicky one, so i shall be pirating the shit out of this film as soon as it becomes available.

have called the local cinemas here and they're all showing this fucking film in 3D only. so that's settled it then - i shall not be paying for a cinema ticket to watch this film, since the only option they're giving customers is the extortionately expensive and overly gimmicky one, so i shall be pirating the shit out of this film as soon as it becomes available.

use cheap animation effects to save money. use 3D to make people more willing to look at cheap animation while paying more for the ticket. done

It's bloody bum (well that might be a little harsh, more 'quite disappointing' maybe). It's like someone fed in the plot of Star Wars, Lord of the rings, The Matrix, and Gladiator; set it in the Tron universe and left a computer to write the script. And not sure about Michael Sheen channelling the spirit of late 70s era David Bowie either :blink: . What makes the aesthetic so good in the first one is completely lost here with trying to put in extra detail (e.g. dust trails on light cycles - erm, so why is there dust exactly ?!), plus there's a whole bizarre species mythology-plotline-thingy that seems only there to try and spawn a sequel.

The 3D bits are basically just the in Tron-land set pieces (chases and what not)

So yeah, whilst all right - I came out feeling quite let down, less is more I feel. It was mainly the plot and script I had an issue with but the visuals were pretty nice (though for me, visuals come waaaaaaaaaaay below the level of importance than the former criteria.)

Archived