IGNORED

A short cut to Clark

beerwolf

For some reason I don't have anything by Clark. I've heard bits and peices but what I have heard has never grabbed me. I put this down to me not investing enough time and effort and perhaps choosing the wrong tracks.

Could you recommend perhaps half a dozen killer tunes which will save me navigating my way through his back catalogue?

A bit lazy I know but I got so much else to listen to at the moment I just need a WATMM's user friendly guide to make my life a bit easier. If the tracks you recommend blow my socks off then I know I need to have a proper listen to everything else.

Thanks.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find his EPs to be really solid, particularly these:

Throttle Furniture

Throttle Clarence

Throttle Promoter

as for specific tunes, try these:

Urgent Jell Hack (Throttle Furniture)

Re Scar Kiln (Throttle Furniture)

Alpha Dodgem Fortitude (Throttle Clarence)

Dead Shark Eyes

Herzog (Body Riddle)

Vengeance Drools (Body Riddle)

See See (Throttle Promoter)

Dirty Pixie (Throttle Promoter)

Totem Crackerjack (Totems Flare)

I'd be able to suggest more if I was at home, I'm just basing this off the tracks I have marked "love" on last.fm.

I would listen to body riddle multiple times from beginning to end on speakers that support as much sub-bass and volume as you can get

I would see the LPs as complete works not as single tracks as the transitions and the track order are well thought out

the EPs are always belonging to the album and are a more lose collection in no order

I would see the LPs as complete works not as single tracks as the transitions and the track order are well thought out

This. And his style & intent seem to have evolved from albums to album too, so I don't really see the utility of trying to get into him based on a smattering of tracks. From my viewpoint Empty the Bones and Body Riddle are heavy, intricate, emotional 'idm' albums. Turning Dragon retains the clark sound but is almost straight up hardcore technos, and Totems Flare continues along this line but with some more conventional pop elements & structures. The eps are also good pretty much to bridge the gaps between albums.

For the most part I feel that LPs from most artists are complete works, and would always recommend just checking out an entire album.

But if the man wants some singles...I throw him some singles. :smile:

slow spines. killer track. the one from empty the bones of you, it has a sick little beat at the end section. that is my favorite album of his. the ceramics is the bomb ep is great too.

if i were you, id start with empty the bones. especially the first half. its flawless, imo.

its hard to pick a certain album as all are standing for their own in a unique way and for a certain period in his creative timeline

for me all are interesting and have their highlights but still body riddle stands out a bit

Seriously... Clark writes albums. Get Empty The Bones Of You or Body Riddle. These tracks work together and its a crime to not hear them in context.

Seriously... Clark writes albums. Get Empty The Bones Of You or Body Riddle. These tracks work together and its a crime to not hear them in context.

I'd agree, I think these two are my favorite.

i think i agree these are his 2 best as well. etboy, no doubt. but sometimes i think i enjoy totems more than body riddle.

Vengeance Drools has such a dope beat. but seriously all his stuff is good, just jump in

Just listen to Penultimate Persian on repeat till you get sick of it

these tracks make you start banging your head no matter where you are and what are you currently doing :wtf:

Guest Backson

i've only heard his compression trilogy, so maybe I'll be publicly humiliated if I said that Totems Flare is an amzing album.

Oh, and of course Body Riddle.

or just listen to "Ted"

tears rolled down my cheeks listening to empty the bones of you on an early morning walk end of last year.

this really is a true idm masterpiece imo.

Just listen to Penultimate Persian on repeat till you get sick of it

the piano break at the end is one of my favorite things he has done yet

Archived