IGNORED

A short cut to Clark

beerwolf

you just have bad taste thats all.

Here's the part where you should learn to read. Did I say i didn't like it? I just said it was overrated.

It's quite enjoyable, but it is not as consistently good as his previous efforts.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Backson

TOMTEMS FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARE

i can see why fans of his earlier work might not like it, especially if you're not fond of distortion, but for me personally it was the album that took me from liking Clark to loving him.

and a big part of that is that I have a thing for distortion.

Most overrated by noobs on watmm then.

I say noobs with a great deal of tenderness.

most of the people jizzing over it in that new releases thread werent n00bs. i certainly respect your opinion but i definitely disagree, i find it to be his most put together record. i will always favor etboy over everything he does, but totems flows much better than his other stuff. it has a pace, it has continuity and its really a nice push into a different area for him.

I think it's just a fantastic take on all forms of electronic music from the past 20 years. I can't fault it, every track is superb.

Even the very static beats and shitty keyboard solo in Rainbow Voodoo?

Guest Backson

I think it's just a fantastic take on all forms of electronic music from the past 20 years. I can't fault it, every track is superb.

Even the very static beats and shitty keyboard solo in Rainbow Voodoo?

ESPECIALLY that solo

also, anyone have any other info on this?

page.jpg

is this available as an album?

(i really like the way this sounds)

I did write him a message on myspace about it but he didn't answer

Guest iamabe

I'm all about Turning Dragon but most people hate that album. "Ache of the North", "New Years Storm", "penultimate persian" are all really awesome tracks and they got me interested in clark. I agree that the throttle EPs are really good too, especially See See, etc.

Clark was kinda overrated in 2009, but even those records are pretty good.

Archived