IGNORED

Benbecula Mad March Sale

Guest csl

Guest affliction

Other than Frog Pocket and Christ., what are the other guys to check out on this label?

check out calika's bright spot release...

also looking or suggestions

Other than Frog Pocket and Christ., what are the other guys to check out on this label?

Brian Ellis released 2 amazing self multitracked jazz albums on this label. I think they are better than pretty much any other release on Benbecula besides Frog Pocket's disc.

(brian used to post here on watmm)

also looking or suggestions

Some Ochre. :whistling: It's like Warp crossed with Enya. Also, Syntaks.

Some Ochre. :whistling: It's like Warp crossed with Enya.

Dude, you're selling yourself far too short there ! Lemodie and A Midsummer Nice Dream is basically required reading (erm listening) for electronica fans ...

Guest Bourbon Surf

music volume 1 & 2 is a great compilation...... i'm pretty tempted by moon mountains on vinyl for 99p...

check out araya , his stuff isn't in the sale, but really decent electronica, his last ep "whilst we try" was the last release on the label, and he had an album and ep released the year previous...

there is a free mixtape on popmatters which spans a fair range of benebecula artists....

Dude, you're selling yourself far too short there ! Lemodie and A Midsummer Nice Dream is basically required reading (erm listening) for electronica fans ...

Oh, I know; my music's pretty amazing really, when I sit down and think about it. :emotawesomepm9: (Cheers!)

Yea for sure, the ochre stuff is sick.

I'm only only one who likes phrizzm? I guess that explains why he only has 1 ep

He had another disc out as part of the Minerals series, but I haven't heard it (a crime, I know, but I'm sure I won't have been the only one to overlook it). Certainly knows how to string a tune together, that's for sure -- hopefully we won't have heard the last of him, but given the market for electronica I'd understand if he's got better things to do with his time these days.

Seriously, and the Enya comparison wouldn't exactly make me want to listen if I wasn't already a fan. :lol:

Yea for sure, the ochre stuff is sick.

I'm only only one who likes phrizzm? I guess that explains why he only has 1 ep

I enjoyed the song you posted on the first page.

Guest Bourbon Surf

nah i ain't araya..... just a good friend that likes promoting his work...... his flatmate plum also has a good album out on benbecula too " a different skin"....

(for some reason i feel the need to "prove" this so here is a bill for a local festival we both played last year, maybe that will suffice)...

Prhizzm also puts in a pretty sweet remix on the Vernor Vinge ep....

If you're looking for something interesting, check out the early compilations (Music Volume 1 & 2, and Alba Absurdia). This music sounds a lot older than 2002, the release date of both albums, and many tracks are really reminiscent of the Old Tunes Tapes by Boards of Canada. Also, the compilations are rare in that there aren't any disagree-able tracks. Definitely worth checking out

Guest JohnTqs

music volume 1 & 2 is a great compilation...... i'm pretty tempted by moon mountains on vinyl for 99p...

check out araya , his stuff isn't in the sale, but really decent electronica, his last ep "whilst we try" was the last release on the label, and he had an album and ep released the year previous...

there is a free mixtape on popmatters which spans a fair range of benebecula artists....

get it!

Archived