IGNORED

Benbecula Mad March Sale

Guest csl

Guest JohnTqs

seems a lot more watmm people on benbecula than i realized, pretty cool

well, i'm an enormous frog pocket fanboy. i've got some other ben lp's though.

Some Ochre. :whistling: It's like Warp crossed with Enya.

He had another disc out as part of the Minerals series, but I haven't heard it (a crime, I know, but I'm sure I won't have been the only one to overlook it). Certainly knows how to string a tune together, that's for sure -- hopefully we won't have heard the last of him, but given the market for electronica I'd understand if he's got better things to do with his time these days.

i do have that. i think it was more of a collection of older stuff of his. i could be wrong. it was good but not on the level of his self titled ep.

Seriously, and the Enya comparison wouldn't exactly make me want to listen if I wasn't already a fan. :lol:

Heh heh. I was kidding -- I wouldn't seriously try to earnestly self-promote with some cheesy sloganeering. I'm quite happy to have never been a hyped flavour of the week, really; I think I'd take the ensuing backlash far too seriously, to be honest. I'm far too English.

i do have that. i think it was more of a collection of older stuff of his. i could be wrong. it was good but not on the level of his self titled ep.

Ah, that rings a bell; I think I've heard it being described as such before. Makes sense for a Minerals release I guess. But yes, the EP's a classy release.

Benbecula is a UK label, right? I got a weird UPS shipping note today but I'm not expecting any packages so soon, especially from Portland, OR, USA.

Guest Sir Winston

I had the Alba Absurdia album years ago, that is pretty good, will have to go shopping on there next week!

Yea for sure, the ochre stuff is sick.

I'm only only one who likes phrizzm? I guess that explains why he only has 1 ep

hell no, his EP is probably one of my favorite EPs. Just perfect. I would love to see him do a whole album though.

Benbecula is a UK label, right? I got a weird UPS shipping note today but I'm not expecting any packages so soon, especially from Portland, OR, USA.

Based in Scotland apparently.

Anyone know roughly how long stuff takes to come from there? Just wondering when I can expect my delivery of unheard goodies.

Edit: By "there", I don't mean Scotland.

Based in Scotland apparently.

Anyone know roughly how long stuff takes to come from there? Just wondering when I can expect my delivery of unheard goodies.

Edit: By "there", I don't mean Scotland.

Yeah it's a Scottish label. The clue is kind of in the name. Benbecula is just off the west coast of Scotland (it's an island).

I always liked Christ, Phrizzm, and Greenbank, personally. Shame it had to close, I do like their stuff, but can't say I ever kept up with any of their releases.

Guest viscosity

would get some christ. stuff but shipping is expeeensive overseas

wonder where they're all going once benbecula is officially gone

• 2 weeks later...

Archived