IGNORED

Perlence losid 2

jules

I must have listened to this 20+ times but right now it sounds like I've never heard it before. This us not the first time ae has done this to me. How do they do it? Does this happen to you?

• Like 2

I had this exact thing happen, only it was with 9010171-121.

I love Autechre for making stuff always sound new even when I've listened to it at least 10 times.

i love this track! the quieter glitchy bits have got a real funky groove to them if you turn it up and listen closely. :music:

yes! it sone of the funkiest quari tracks of all. like i said, it sounded brand new to me last night. love it.

the perlence gods giveth more

Edited by jules

Guest frits

Good to see other people sharing my affection for the Quadrange collection. Subrange 3 and losid 2 are IMO true masterpieces and hopefully will inspire a new direction in dub influences music.

The groove they use is pretty fuckin great and the little bandpassed percussion in losid 2 is so funky I can help but nodding my head every time. It sounds like a little funky fish dancing around the deepest depths of the ocean.

I have only just recently realized how awesome the Quadrange EP is. I wrote it off before because I was a bit unimpressed by the idea of having yet more versions of my two disc Quaristice thing, but I've since come to see the material on the EP as pretty magic. It's full of Autechre-ey-ness.

Edited by Lianne

Guest theSun

I had this exact thing happen, only it was with 9010171-121.

I love Autechre for making stuff always sound new even when I've listened to it at least 10 times.

i fucking love the end of that song. that groove at the end helped open up quaristice for me.

booom. kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . boom. booom. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . boom. booom. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . boom.booom. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . kaboom. ka. . boom.

quadrange is ace. glad to see the love for losid 2 and subrange 3, those were also my two initial favorites on the release.. (i really like the plc ccc and 6-36 too.. even though it's a bit of a commitment)

if they ever put out any of this on 12" i'd scoop it up in a heartbeat ;)

Edited by TwiddleBot

Guest theSun

i don't think i really heard this song until a few months ago. a lot of the quari stuff is slowly kicking in with me and i'm like, "nice! i don't remember that being there" with a ton of tracks.

• 1 year later...

bumping cause this is the fuckin song of the day for me right now

i can never listen to tracks on repeat, it usually just kills it for me. but if i am in the right mood, i can listen to losid 2 over and over and just get absorbed in it.

a lot of quaristice is beautiful background music for life, for watching people do things. especially losid. i can hear in it all the frantic business and repetitive nonsense of human existence, padded by a warm blanket of opiated adjacency.

Guest mafted

i am so glad they released an ambient album.. yes, despite the obvious rhythms in the forefront of which i'm referring to as ambient, anyways. fucking love these releases.

I must have listened to this 20+ times but right now it sounds like I've never heard it before. This us not the first time ae has done this to me. How do they do it? Does this happen to you?

Not with this track but yes, all the time. Magic.

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 years later...