IGNORED

your most expensive recent purchase

Guest tht tne

Guest JohnTqs

Oversteps vinyl....-pretty steep if you ask me.

it's fucking nuts. how much did you end up paying for it?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al Hounos

Sennheiser HD-650

hd650_hires.jpg

and

Little Dot MKIII

MK3%20Iso.jpg

Got the headphones refurb so they were only $400 instead of $650, and the amp was about $200.

Guest uptowndevil

i think i paid 30-35 for it from amazon....which isnt even a guarantee, but im not signing up to bleep to buy one album.

i honestly can't remember the last time i paid less for a vinyl.

I'm thinking about getting a Canon EOS 500D, but 600 quid is a bit of a scary amount to part with in one go ....

You're not considering the 550D then?

Also, look into the pentax k-x if you've got a good 50mm/f1.7 lying around = bang for the buck. [great battery-life too if you get the right kinda AA's for it]

I bought a new cellphone today. Was cheap, somewhat water repellent and films 640x480 @ 30fps. Could care less about its "eco-friendly"ness, but my mind fell for it so it does make me feel more caring.

Guest Franklin

drum kit. just arrived today

freddy what kind of kit?

what's the deal how long you bin drumming?

mine: a whole fucking house.

400 grand lol.

just a basic starter kit, a pacific or something or other. been drumming on a practice pad for a few months, figured it was time to get the kit. i have a drumming room right next to my office, i'll post pics when i get it set up!

sweet. been thinking about taking up drumming again now that I'll have room for them. learn how to tune them for sure, makes a big diff.

i think i paid 30-35 for it from amazon....which isnt even a guarantee, but im not signing up to bleep to buy one album.

im new to vinyl, but my understanding is once the record is released you have approximately 12 hours to purchase it at a reasonable price before jagoffs start charging 4x because it is "rare"

Guest Al Hounos

a $480k apt lol :emotawesomepm9::huh::unsure::blink::wtf:

what's 480 get you in shanghai? a closet and a cot?

really though, thems deep pockets! especially for a watmmer!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

you trying to say most watmmers are poor hippie slackers???

thats-racist.gif

(yes I'm implying that watmmers are a specific post human race)

Guest uptowndevil

im new to vinyl, but my understanding is once the record is released you have approximately 12 hours to purchase it at a reasonable price before jagoffs start charging 4x because it is "rare"

yeah, good point. usually if i spring for a vinyl it's used and a somewhat limited pressing, which has slowly gotten me used to paying so much. they know people will buy it either way i guess.

Sennheiser HD-650

hd650_hires.jpg

and

Little Dot MKIII

MK3%20Iso.jpg

Got the headphones refurb so they were only $400 instead of $650, and the amp was about $200.

Oh man, good choices.

lol 0$ on nothing.

Student life - great.

the irony of my purchase was that it was made with gov't money.

i guess i can't bitch about moochers now, can I?

good ol' scholarships/loans.

Guest Ominous

I got an old friend a Porsche Design shaking pen for $90. Silly little thing, but I knew that he'd really appreciate that sort of thing. Plus, I remember when my dad used to get those kinds of gifts, I guess they made an impression on me as gifts that grown up men give each other..

normal.jpg?pool=pds2&type=pdsarticleimagepack&id=4046901020545&lang=none&filetype=normal

what's 480 get you in shanghai? a closet and a cot?

lol you know what's up. It got me 140 square meters. If I had purchased 7 months earlier as I had planned, it would have cost me 30% less. Can you say overheated property bubble? Still I'm one of those who don't believe it will ever go down. I just wish I had bought in a year and a half earlier like my friend and doubled his money.

needless to say that wasn't cash down. I've been saving for some time. One nice thing about buying in Shanghai - no property tax!

actually from those post your salary threads way back when I remember there being a handful of well-to-do watmmers.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I got an old friend a Porsche Design shaking pen for $90. Silly little thing, but I knew that he'd really appreciate that sort of thing. Plus, I remember when my dad used to get those kinds of gifts, I guess they made an impression on me as gifts that grown up men give each other..

normal.jpg?pool=pds2&type=pdsarticleimagepack&id=4046901020545&lang=none&filetype=normal

shaking pen whats that good for? a covert vibrator?

finally got

boards_of_canada-geogaddi-triple-lp.jpg

$64.99 not a bad fucking price if I do say so myself

wow this got so expensive recently?

mine is currently wasting its live in a box but I will put it on the wall again today

Archived