IGNORED

your most expensive recent purchase

Guest tht tne

Sennheiser HD-650

hd650_hires.jpg

and

Little Dot MKIII

MK3%20Iso.jpg

Got the headphones refurb so they were only $400 instead of $650, and the amp was about $200.

very awesome

I just got these:

akg-k-701_04072008_msp2.jpg

for €130 instead of €230

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

WoW I gotta say AKGs are maybe the sexiest headphones Ive ever seen, even more so to me than some of the top of the line mega luxurious wood grado cans

Guest margaret thatcher

finally got

<geogaddi vinyl>

$64.99 not a bad fucking price if I do say so myself

good lord. i didn't pay that for mine, let's put it that way.

anyway, my most expensive purchase was a night out in london on saturday night. jesus christ, burnt a fat hole in the old wallet. hilarious night though, a mate ended up chundering onto two girls. classy.

Guest Ominous

I got an old friend a Porsche Design shaking pen for $90. Silly little thing, but I knew that he'd really appreciate that sort of thing. Plus, I remember when my dad used to get those kinds of gifts, I guess they made an impression on me as gifts that grown up men give each other..

normal.jpg?pool=pds2&type=pdsarticleimagepack&id=4046901020545&lang=none&filetype=normal

shaking pen whats that good for? a covert vibrator?

*jots it down*

hehe, so the pen retracts/extends the ballpoint every time you shake it, no external moving parts. Took him a few minutes to figure it out until he shook it out of desperation :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Smuckers

Little Dot MKIII

MK3%20Iso.jpg

i remember reading a long write up about that amp and it didn't help that i'm not an audiophile, so i didn't understand much. i only read it because i like listening to music on my reasonably priced senn hd-555s and thought maybe i was missing out on something special by not having an amp. i would have thought a hi-fi system would power the headphones enough. :shrug:

My big purchase was £5000 on a Renault Clio 182 Cup (2.0 ltr).

• 11 months later...

Kifaru pack + some accessories for 600 bucks. These are made to order custom built rucks. You choose a basic design and pick options and sizing. FWIW I used it once then sold it to a soldier for 550 and got an Osprey pack instead.

Guest Al Hounos

lotta camera monkeys on here. recently got this supertelephoto: 55-300mm! it's been incredibly useful. between it and my 35mm f/1.8 i'm covered for 99% of photo opportunities.

DX_55_300_VR_i.jpg

5468279998_e116648c7b_b.jpg

After bonus and a nice tax return I placed a pre-order on this badboy:

http://www.finepix-x100.com/

you did it! Nice. Mate of mine blew his load about this last week. I do not understand it but it seems to be good right :shrug:

Your tokina should be in your hands shortly, shouldnt it?

I hope the x100 suites my needs. I need a small digital with high ISO to carry around with me, I tried the Sony NEX series cameras and that didnt do the trick. A Leica M9 would be THE camera for me, but no way I'm dropping that kind of dough. From the shots I have seen it shoots very well at ISO 6400 and has a fairly fast lens, f2. With the crop sensor it comes out to 35mm equivalent so I think it should sit just right with me.

If I don't like it, I'll return it and maybe invest in an xpan or another M body .... it never ends... :emotawesomepm9:

Edit:

That's a great shot Al Hounos!

Archived