IGNORED

seinfeld

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

I'll never understand why UK audiences didn't eat this show up like they did friends, fresh prince, etc.

it's perfect 6pm eating your tea, and not watching the news, tv.

I'm watching it on tv, it's on everyday twice and most of the time its still not an episode I've seen before.

In the UK I believe it did air but very late at night maybe 1am.

you can parodize Jerry's nasally annoying voice, or the predictability towards the end of the series, but there is no doubt, anyone that knows anything about comedy knows that Seinfeld is funny.

i mean, over half of the episodes are absolute classics.

The Chinese Restaurant, the one with the oil bladder, Kramer selling used suits, The Bro, Jerry's parents moving, any episode dealing with George and Susan, etc etc

could go on and on and on

i think in retrospect its easy for people to poo-poo it without realizing how insanely popular and arguably revolutionary it was in the sitcom world.

Edited by Smettingham Rutherford IV

If you watch 2 episodes, you don't need to watch the whole series , because EVERY FUCKING EPISODE IS THE SAME.

"Jerry and George have pointless chat -In cafe or Jerry's apartment"

"Kramer enter Jerry's apartment in a hilarious way , and tells the gang about some weird shit he is doing"

"Helaine enters , and bitches about everything going on in her life"

"Jerry fucks , then for some stupid reason breaks up with the girl after just 1 week of going out"

"George Screams and/or gets very angry"

"George complains about his parents"

-- End Episode --

Repeat for 180 episodes

Edited by Boxing Day

my mom and i were just talking about the surprisingly dirty (for the time) episode about Elaine complaining to Jerry that her boyfriend won't do 'other things' and it was never directly referenced but she wanted her pussy eaten and her BF wouldn't do it and it became like a topic of debate among the characters. it was like kind of our family show when i was still living at home, wed watch it practically every time it was on together

Edited by Awepittance

I'm working my way through Seinfeld, on series 4 now. I really like it! It's not side splitting but there are some seriously funny moments. The bit where Jerry puts the Pez dispenser on Elaines lap while watching the classical pianist had me in hysterics! Plus, I have a bit of a thing for Julia Louis Dreyfus

"STELLLAAAAA!!"

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

yes its got a very repetitive formula but it was still one the smartest classic sitcom's thanks largely to Larry David

yes its got a very repetitive formula but it was still one the smartest classic sitcom's thanks largely to Larry David

Larry David gave us Curb , Jerry gave us " The Marriage Ref" .

Pretty obvious who the comedic genius is.

Edited by Boxing Day

Guest Dirty Protest

The mohel, Georges car and the pigman, best episode ever. I watch them all in order about twice a year.

Guest Calx Sherbet

no hugging, no learning, no character development.

exactly, the characters are actually quite selfish in certain ways. but it's hilarious

If you watch 2 episodes, you don't need to watch the whole series , because EVERY FUCKING EPISODE IS THE SAME.

"Jerry and George have pointless chat -In cafe or Jerry's apartment"

"Kramer enter Jerry's apartment in a hilarious way , and tells the gang about some weird shit he is doing"

"Helaine enters , and bitches about everything going on in her life"

"Jerry fucks , then for some stupid reason breaks up with the girl after just 1 week of going out"

"George Screams and/or gets very angry"

"George complains about his parents"

-- End Episode --

Repeat for 180 episodes

every sitcom has a formula.....duh

Guest Conor74

Genius. Think the bubble boy, the chicken roaster and the jimmy were the best...Gerry, the best. Think the only other us sitcom that came close to that level was arrested development. George surely has to be the greatest comedy character ever, and anyone who complains about a formula must at least accept that the idea of basing a show on characters with no discernibly attractive qualities who do nothing and learn no lessons at all was brave. It worked for me.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

I just watched the Slicer episode...

one of the issues in the USA with Seinfeld is that it's on like 50 times per week.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Genius. Think the bubble boy, the chicken roaster and the jimmy were the best...Gerry, the best. Think the only other us sitcom that came close to that level was arrested development. George surely has to be the greatest comedy character ever, and anyone who complains about a formula must at least accept that the idea of basing a show on characters with no discernibly attractive qualities who do nothing and learn no lessons at all was brave. It worked for me.

i love how a whole episode can be in a limo, or something. that's brilliant