IGNORED

programmars

is quite self explanatory. let's start with some data, for example this gif file: :cerious:

and code away round-based.

input -> [process] -> out = new in [process] -> out etc. etc.

:cisfor:

some rules:

- each program should run non interactively. read the input file, do stuff with it, export something, quit.

- no other input data besides the specified file is allowed.

- the input should be able to handle any file of the input file type, and export always the same output file type to not break the chain. that way we could initiate the machine with an entirely different file of the same type and it would still work… producing quite unpredictable results :spiteful:

- random operators are discouraged

- open, "consumer grade" output file types (audio, video, text, ..) are encouraged over proprietary or very specific files which require uncommon software to read them.

Why don't we do animated GIF instead. :spiteful:

So the point is we would be able to pipe the scripts and play with the order?

it would just start with a .gif, for example. then you write code that let's say makes a .wav audio file from it, but it's up to you of course. and the next person writes code that takes a .wav as input, and exports an .xml file or something etc.

so the order would be fixed, but we would get an entirely different xml file from a different wav file which came from a different gif file. heck the final output could be .gif and we'd have a loop :emotawesomepm9:

so basically, we'd need to set up a running order which brings the problem of people "going to really do this now" and then never replying to PMs anymore. Maybe a first come first serve basis? 24h time limit?

okay. I'm simply going to start. i'll take a .png image as input and will produce an .aif audio file. Expect results tonight.

yeh i use Processing anyway, but i think this should be open towards whatever people want to use…

i mean it can also be a simple script to rotate an image 90 degrees..

it'd be great though if you could build your program for all major platforms… let's see if this catches on at all.

Guest futuregirlfriend

here's your png. if you need these for your notes, my method of creating the png was typing "reggie" into google image search, selecting large images and cropping the one that caught my eye with the snipping tool.

oCYVX.png

here's your png. if you need these for your notes, my method of creating the png was typing "reggie" into google image search, selecting large images and cropping the one that caught my eye with the snipping tool.

oCYVX.png

excellent choice.

here's the .aif (22.1kHz mono)

so who's next?

out.aif.zip

Guest hahathhat

forgive me, but i am nervous. what if the program:

1. reads input file

2. install trojan horse

3. deletes my mp3 folder

4. outputs image file

i'm not worried about intentioned malice so much as immaturity for the lulz.

still, i might might bash something out for this....

Guest hahathhat

ladies, gentlemen, and other -- i give you the IDMizer:

http://www.werecactus.com/idmizer/IDMizer.zip

Source code (C#) is included if you don't trust my .exe

Here is what it does to images:

afx.png

afx-out.png

afx2.png

afx2-out.png

Here is it chewing on a non-image file:

out.png

Only argument is your input file. It'll put out [filename]-out.png

EDIT:

Here it is running on itself!!! (processing the .exe that does the processing...)

IDMizer-out.png

Archived