IGNORED

Modern Psychedelic Music

Rubin Farr

I've been on a psych kick for a few years now and wondering what others in this scene listen to? Already a fan of rock sounding stuff like Amorphous Androgynous, Flaming Lips etc but looking for some new blood. Recently discovered Psychic Ills so maybe somethings along those lines.

Guest affliction

look into the early Mars Volta stuff. Albums such as De-loused or Frances the Mute.

Disco Biscuits

Sound Tribe Sector 9

Moe.

any of the fest bands!

Not too sure if its 'modern psychedelic'. But Mercury Rev's first album Yerself is Steam is something very special indeed. One of those albums that really bowled me over, because I wasn't expecting much at all but it blew me away. If you are familliar with their stuff of the last 10 or so years then put all notions of what you think it might sound like aside. Its epic.

Not all the tracks are brilliant but try these ones to see. Very Sleepy Rivers, Sweet Odyssey...., Blue and Black.

Guest JohnTqs

CHECK OUT EDAN!!!

2682-beauty-and-the-beat.jpg

his album "beauty and the beat" is the sgt. pepper's of hip hop

also Erykah Badu's new album looks like it is going to be wicked psychedelic

i'be been all up in that Broadcast album since it leaked, even drove 3 hours to stand in the pouring rain and see them live. hoping the new full album will follow that vein.

Acid Mothers Temple have some pretty sweet albums; at times droney, at others, insanely crushing waves of heavy psych.. they're from Japan.

I'm currently immersing myself in Japanese psychedelic rock, there's this last.fm group "psychedelic Japan"...

Acid Mothers Temple have some pretty sweet albums; at times droney, at others, insanely crushing waves of heavy psych.. they're from Japan.

same with boris, expect everything from noise to shoegaze to garage rock to psychedelia to doom metal from album to album and sometimes from track to track... for psych-rocky stuff i suppose smile (japanese release) is a good starting point. and an excuse to post a picture of wata

Boris.jpg

same with boris, expect everything from noise to shoegaze to garage rock to psychedelia to doom metal from album to album and sometimes from track to track... for psych-rocky stuff i suppose smile (japanese release) is a good starting point. and an excuse to post a picture of wata

Boris.jpg

A fellow WATMMER who shares my crush on Wata! Mind if I add you as a friend on my profile? :emotawesomepm9:

that's such a partridge thing to say :facepalm:

sure, no problem.

she's a tiny japanese girl usually seen with a BIG WALL OF ORANGE AMPS and a guitar and a bunch of crazy effect pedals. what's not to like? :wub:

Edited by kaini

wooden shjips

yeah! or nalle...

although both of those are psychfolk really. and there's a LOT of psychfolk stuff these days...

would you really consider wooden shjips to be psychfolk? i assume psychfolk is somehow folky. wooden shjips are a bit heavier, fuzzed out. i'll have to check out nalle. what about paavoharju? i love their stuff.

also re: kantele. i'm pretty sure you can get one from Väinämöinen, but i think you already knew that . . .