IGNORED

Modern Psychedelic Music

Rubin Farr

wooden shjips

yeah! or nalle...

although both of those are psychfolk really. and there's a LOT of psychfolk stuff these days...

would you really consider wooden shjips to be psychfolk? i assume psychfolk is somehow folky. wooden shjips are a bit heavier, fuzzed out. i'll have to check out nalle. what about paavoharju? i love their stuff.

also re: kantele. i'm pretty sure you can get one from Väinämöinen, but i think you already knew that . . .

it's all a bit fuzzy, i mean modern psychedelic music? i wanna post some om, but they're apparently psychedelic drone metal.

one of these days i'll lose my marbles and try and map out all genres on a football field, and fail miserably lol.

the 'modern psychedelic music' of the OP is like being in brazil, asking for directions to oslo, and having a bunch of people point vaguely at copenhagen, amsterdam, sheffield, and addis ababa.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I'm not always sure what qualifies as psychedelic. is phthalocyanine psychedelic?

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.

Growing

Expo 70

Cloudland Canyon

Jonas Reinhardt

The Alps

Kawabata Makoto

White Rainbow

Valet

Ulaan Khol

Edit ran out. Others:

Emeralds and their side projects: Mark McGuire, Imaginary Softwoods, Steve Hauschildt,

Oneohtrix Point Never

Caboladies

Skyramps

Edited by Tauhid

have you heard 'mother is the milky way'? the tour-only ep?

very much in the same vein.

yes, love it. went to the show expecting to pick up a few copies, and they didn't bring their merch person!!!???

thanks for the recommendations, love Edan and Floorian.

these guys are great as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKjgZEsmKM

don't want to be too much of a fanboy, but if you like trippy rock check these out, Gary and Brian really know how to dig for buried gems:

AA_monstrous_psychedelic_bubble_LP.jpg

aa_monstrous_psychedelic_vol2.jpg

AA_monstous_pychedelic_MOJO.jpg

Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O.

Growing

Expo 70

Cloudland Canyon

Jonas Reinhardt

The Alps

Kawabata Makoto

White Rainbow

Valet

Ulaan Khol

Kaini is on it but most of you are lacking, Tauhid knows what is up!

and I add:

Pocahaunted

Emeralds

Sun Araw

Stag Hare

Black Dice

Fuck Buttons

Nice Nice

Holy Fuck

Gang Gang Dance

Grouper

Natural Snow Buildings

Panda Bear

Sunken Foal

Vibracathedral Orchestra

No Neck Blues Band

Eluvium

Leyland Kirby

Gonjasufi

Atlas Sound

Yeasayer

some may not be as psyched out as others but they are all taking music to places I think are very interesting.....

and tripped out.....

especially recent Broadcast(and the Focus Group), White Rainbow, Nice Nice, and Black Dice(might be considered too noisy but I think they are very psychedelic)

seeing/experiencing Acid Mother's Temple live is a necessity to truly understand what they are doing...Kawabata is the man!

the Flying Lotus show I just went to was so freaked out, was a space adventure but most people wouldn't consider his music in this category....

wooden shjips

yeah! or nalle...

although both of those are psychfolk really. and there's a LOT of psychfolk stuff these days...

would you really consider wooden shjips to be psychfolk? i assume psychfolk is somehow folky. wooden shjips are a bit heavier, fuzzed out. i'll have to check out nalle. what about paavoharju? i love their stuff.

also re: kantele. i'm pretty sure you can get one from Väinämöinen, but i think you already knew that . . .

it's all a bit fuzzy, i mean modern psychedelic music? i wanna post some om, but they're apparently psychedelic drone metal.

one of these days i'll lose my marbles and try and map out all genres on a football field, and fail miserably lol.

the 'modern psychedelic music' of the OP is like being in brazil, asking for directions to oslo, and having a bunch of people point vaguely at copenhagen, amsterdam, sheffield, and addis ababa.

yeah, that's pretty accurate. since we're getting somewhat bogged down with the genrefication of it all, would you consider hauntology to be psychedelic? i ask as you are one of the more expert hauntometrists here (the music being hauntology, the thinking about and measuring of haunology being hauntometry)

Guest Z_B_Z

acid mothers temple, brian jonestown massacre, early mercury rev... there's lots of good modern stuff.. but I always end up going back and listening to the 13th floor elevators. Never was there a better psychedelic band.

six organs of admittance

many of the radio _____________ series on sublime frequencies are quite psychedelic, even if the discrete musical pieces are not. i like radio algeria and radio morocco the best i think