IGNORED

Old Skool Rave Mix Tapes

J3FF3R00

Definitely a lost part of the culture.

I was a collector of jungle tapes back in the day.

I know some people have ripped a bunch of the old tapes to MP3 and uploaded them.

Anyone out there have any any links to good spots to download MP3 versions of old rave-era mix tapes?

Here are 2 spots I know of...

Golden Era Jungle

Toronto Rave Mixtape Archive

Edited by jefferoo

I remember you posting that Jungle link in the Drum N Bass thread. Still need to grab some. Any tapes in particular you recommend from there? I'd love to bounce some down to some actual tapes just for fun.

I remember you posting that Jungle link in the Drum N Bass thread. Still need to grab some. Any tapes in particular you recommend from there? I'd love to bounce some down to some actual tapes just for fun.

Golden Era Jungle (in order of importance)

Curious ? - Reminiscence of a Rude Boy

Dr Groo - Agent Orange

Phantom 45 - Think Twice

DJ 3D - The Jungle Book

DJ 3D - Urban Jungle

DJ 3D & Snuggles - Chicago Darksteppers

(f you don't see the title, click on the DJ name and scroll to the bottom where it says "*** Click here for more mixes from ________ ***")

Mystical Influence - Syndicated

Guest esquimaw

Dr Groo - Agent Orange

Phantom 45 - Think Twice

DJ 3D - The Jungle Book

DJ 3D - Urban Jungle

DJ 3D & Snuggles - Chicago Darksteppers

(f you don't see the title, click on the DJ name and scroll to the bottom where it says "*** Click here for more mixes from ________ ***")

Mystical Influence - Syndicated

No words.. no words. You are a hero.

Rocking the Curious? mix right now, and it's off to a good start. I only wish these were ripped in 320, but I really can't complain! This is a goldmine.

Thanks all!

Seriously, every one of you fucks needs to download that Curious? "Reminiscence..." from the Golden Era site and the Mystical Influence "Syndicated" tape from the Toronto Archive.

Those 2 are the best, imo.

I'm interested in tracking down some old acid, early hardcore, gabber and maybe some booty-house mixes on mp3. If anyone has any leads, post em.

great resource, and this is a great mix

Guest Dave OSullivan

Juno - Soul Thunder / BFC - Evolution / Nightmares On Wax - I’m For Real / Linea Alba - Chill-O-Matic / Kicksquad - Soundclash (Champion Sound) / Frank De Wulf - Moral Soundabuse / Meat Beat Manifesto - Radio Babylon / Techno Grooves - T.E.C.H.N.I.D. / Ravebusters - Powerplant / Suburban Knight - The Art Of Stalking / Lost - The Gonzo / The Scientist - The Bee / M.I.C. - OOBE 2 / A Homeboy, A Hippie & A Funki Dredd - Total Confusion / Mental Cube - Q

Guest HWNDarkside

Here you go - http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com

http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mixes.html

1170 mixes - yes I know they are realplayer but there's 1170 of them covering every DJ from 1988 to 1995 worth listening to, from every rave promotor you can think of.

http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/mp3.html

Lots MP3 mixes here - Top Buzz sets and my own from my raving/radio days

http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/historyHWND.html

The history of rave - 1987 to 1993 - everything you could ever need to know

http://www.hardcorewillneverdie.com/archive.html

There are also 2767 individual tunes to listen to for all the trainspotters

:music::music::music:

Guest Glass Plate

Man I'm so glad we've been looking back at all of this scene because I had totally missed it. (being born in 90)

Man I'm so glad we've been looking back at all of this scene because I had totally missed it. (being born in 90)

Yeah, man my thoughts exactly. I was also born in 90.