IGNORED

old albums

halisray

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Spittal

let me know if you can't find hooper bay. I can u/l it for you.

You'd get the old Wheeltower stuff if you were a REAL champ.

Don't let Alzado troll you - Hearing Hooper Bay is nigh impossible, since it was never officially released, and no copies exist in the hands of people willing to give it out for free.

hmm, cant seem to find Old Tunes Vol. 1... only a few old tunes and old tunes volume 2

Don't let Alzado troll you - Hearing Hooper Bay is nigh impossible, since it was never officially released, and no copies exist in the hands of people willing to give it out for free.

yeah thats what i read about hooper bay!

hmm, cant seem to find Old Tunes Vol. 1... only a few old tunes and old tunes volume 2

yeah thats what i read about hooper bay!

A Few Old Tunes and Old Tunes Vol. 1 are being mixed up a lot.. one says it's named AFOT, others say it's OT Vol.1..

read about it here:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Old_Tunes_Vol._1

and it isn't hard to find the three 'albums' just open the three following links and search for the files listed in the track lists:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Old_Tunes_Vol._1 (also referred to as A Few Old Tunes by some)

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Old_Tunes_Vol._2

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Random_35_Tracks_Tape (also referred to as Old Tunes Vol.1 by some)

Those múm tracks are really good though. I really got my hopes up high first time I heard it. I think it's a nice BoC praise, though I'd rather have the original Hooper Bay :) The release I'm most eager for hearing though, is Acid Memories. Such a mysterious title, and the cover is pure excellence. Wonder if we'll ever get to hear them one day...

sorry but that cover is another fake :boc:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Acid_Memories

(Fake) Boards Of Canada - Acid Memories EP

01 - Duffy

original track: [1998] Music has the right to children, 08 - kaini industries

02 - Growing Hand

original track: [2002] Geogaddi, 11 - 1969

03 - Petina

original track: [1998] Music has the right to children, 02 - an eagle in your mind

04 - Stry Craty Bya

(unknown) is not BoC, maybe is a track called Eno Test by Stereolab with Marumari

05 - Helter Skater

original track: [1996] Hi Scores, 03 - Nlogax

06 - Echo The Sun

original track: [1999] Splitrmx12 EP, A - Autechre Play Weissensee Against Im Gluck (Original Composition by Neu!)

Guest Calx Sherbet

I love when you see people commenting on the fake hooper bay/unreleased boc album tracks on last.fm. isn't one of the leaks a mum album? big lols.

also some of the tracks off old tunes appear in other boc releases in a different form so we know for a fact those are legit.

legit tracks could be thrown on to a fan-made fake to give it credibility. the fake Q Chastic release. the fake had that CAT002 track, but the other 3 tracks weren't even made by Richard

but i still believe the old tunes are real

sorry but that cover is another fake :boc:

http://bocpages.org/wiki/Acid_Memories

Really? Damn, it seems like that image has been floating around forever.

I think I read once that BOC was surprised that Acid Memories didn't get leaked. I assume the same guy that leaked BOC Maxima also had Acid Memories or something like that.

I'm not convinced the Acid Memories cover is a fake. Didn't that come from the original cosmic crofter site? and it wasn't it also on the discography on the old music70 site?

I'm not convinced the Acid Memories cover is a fake. Didn't that come from the original cosmic crofter site? and it wasn't it also on the discography on the old music70 site?

Think about why then we've never seen an Acid Memories cassette or J-card (the actual cassette), and the cover formats were all CD-cover shaped (on all those releases), even though it was originally a cassette? Sure, it could have been cropped down to a square to fit the site best, but the layout of most of those fit a CD cover composition (or not a real cover at all) best, and would be odd to crop off parts of the artwork. I would assume those covers were 'manufactured' to best illustrate their early releases on that website, and weren't the actual covers of the releases themselves.

Those early releases were DIY efforts made for friends and family, and as stated on the Cosmic Crofter's EHX site back then, were from his private collection and not available. Think about that. That's just what HE had of their pre-commercial works, by no means a complete listing of their early material.

The BoC discography starts with Twoism, in terms of commercial releases. Even BoC Maxima (which I know exists since I have an original cassette, and it's not a commercially-produced cassette tape) shouldn't be considered an "official" commercial release, and hence why it (and any of the pre-Twoism stuff) isn't included anymore in any official BoC discographies.

Guest Calx Sherbet

The BMW advert, or the Nissan one?

the nissan one. and i just figured out it was "5978" that it featured

Archived