IGNORED

Nostalgia

Squee

I'll start out with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Memories: I loved this show. The turtles were total badasses but were also really cool. They fought really sweet enemies, like Krang, who was a brain in the stomach of a huge robot. They had awesome weapons, they loved pizza, I loved pizza. It was perfect. Oh, and Shredder was bad ass! The movie was also really sweet, and Shredder got crushed in a garbage truck! Brutal! YEAH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avHVOHsN3T0

Reality: Wow... I didn't even remember that high pitched chip munk voices were singing along during the chorus - man, this sounds horrible. And the lyrics:

Splinter taught them to be ninja teens (He's a radical rat!)

Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)

Raphael is cool but crude (Gimme a break!)

Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)

Man this is awful. Here's another clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sihg5m6xu18

So basically, these turtles were just four catchphrase machines who never really killed anyone. And what's with the animation? I thought today's standards were awful but this looks like crap. Beebob and Rocksteady's voices are actually kinda fun, but really, this show is just ridiculous.

EDIT: Damn, I didn't know it was Will Smith's uncle from Prince of Bel Air who did the voice for Shredder.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lube Saibot

Here in Romania we didn't get TMNJ on TV, instead we got the syndications of Biker Mice from Mars and Street Sharks (which are both kind of rip-offs of TMNJ, hence the comparison). Long story short, i remembered them being way cool, found some clips from both series on youtube, watched for about 10 minutes, and was completely disappointed.

Same goes for Pirates of Dark Water.

HAMMERMAN!

Ah man, it's MC Hammer! He's amazing! He did that 'Can't touch this' tune that I love so much, so a cartoon about him is double amazing!

Check out the animation, it's so street and FRESH. Man, this has to be the best event in TV history. And that THEME TUNE! Oh the theme tune. Pure genius.

Oh sweet jesus I wish a terminator would go back through time and kill me for ever liking this turd.

Did MC Hammer ever have credibility? Because it was gone after this fucking awful TV series. And fun fact: I still have the VHS.

Guest Calx Sherbet

EDIT: Damn, I didn't know it was Will Smith's uncle from Prince of Bel Air who did the voice for Shredder.

fucking lol

Guest Coalbucket PI

both those videos don't allow embedding, just so you know...

Didn't know that about Uncle Phil doing Shredder, it's obvious now I know!

Guest David R James
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines (That's a fact, Jack!)

I never even noticed there was a 'jack' in there. I always thought it was 'Thats a fact!'. ahhh this has ruined it for me now.

Guest JW Modestburns

"This video contains content from Lionsgate, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

I'm really baffled by these fucking retarded copyright laws.

I have extreme nostalgia for Captain N and mario brothers tv show but i find it totally unwatchable now. same with a lot of old videogames i loved merely because they were fighting games with 'cool' graphics

for intance i loved this game -

PowerMovesCover.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtmAnHxhRZs

edit: haha sometimes wikipedia delivers

Despite the difference in name for the Genesis/Mega Drive and Super NES versions, there was no actual difference in gameplay, content or characters. However, it is widely believed that the game's box cover and title were renamed only to keep up with Nintendo's stringent no-violence policy, as the Genesis/Mega Drive cart features a closeup of a character being punched in the face, with a torrent of blood erupting from the impact. The SNES version's box featured the same image, with the red blood re-colored to look like sweat (the same tactic used with Mortal Kombat).

Here in Romania we didn't get TMNJ on TV, instead we got the syndications of Biker Mice from Mars and Street Sharks (which are both kind of rip-offs of TMNJ, hence the comparison). Long story short, i remembered them being way cool, found some clips from both series on youtube, watched for about 10 minutes, and was completely disappointed.

Same goes for Pirates of Dark Water.

I fucking loved both TMNT and Biker Mice.

ill second that nintendo notion. i remember reading about double dragon in nintendo power and shitting myself over how cool it looked. you could pick up weapons like bats from enemies, it looeked to be legendary

Russ_ddcover.jpg

DoubleDragon04.jpg

i also loved the show CHiPs when i was little... i wanted a motorcycle so bad

chips-season-one-dvd-review-20070703092900302-000.jpg

MV5BMjE1NDk4MjYzN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzM0ODU2._V1._SX450_SY302_.jpg

Guest Enter a new display name

Pingu must be one of the only TV shows that is still awesome no matter how old I am.

[youtubehd]oTWv63RyLP8[/youtubehd]

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Michaelangelo is a party dude (Party!)

lawlzopan megatropolieno... that show was highly goofy

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lolz dear god calling TMNT highly goofy.. not trying to claim obvious inebriated excusified.. but common dewd

Courage the Cowardly Dog is even better now than it was as a kid.

Courage-dog-tv-01.jpg

true.dat - although I watched it as an adult, and still do when it comes on!

Wished they'd make more episodes. Oh well, we've got brilliance like Flapjack and Chowder to take up the mantle...

Guest mr egg

b709ec94a50ba02f61c55e3665920c63da0.gif

Pingu must be one of the only TV shows that is still awesome no matter how old I am.

[youtubehd]oTWv63RyLP8[/youtubehd]

I just rewatched some scenes from Ghostbusters and damn... it's actually a lot better as a grown up than it was as a kid. As a kid I just loved the proton packs, the ghosts, action scenes - and Sigourney Weaver - but as a grown up I love the dry sense of humor and the way the characters interact with each other.

Guest Backson

Courage the Cowardly Dog is even better now than it was as a kid.

Courage-dog-tv-01.jpg

yes, completely correct!

its depressing and nihlistic and awesome.

Archived