IGNORED

"Chillwave"

joshuatxuk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glass Plate

Chill Murray is on the current Chill Wave wiki, lol. (they removed the fact that wired invented the phrase too)

Chill Murray...genius .

:emotawesomepm9:

And just for the record, can we not agree Neon Indian sucks? (or is at least immensely overrated)? I've listened to about everything else supposedly related to, um, the "Chill Murry" scene and I can't figure out why the hell he's the most hyped. (I just read he's opening for Massive Attack, which I kind of find insulting. Like Flashbulb opening for, I dunno, Kraftwerk or something...and no I'm not saying Kraftwerk or Massive Attack are equals, for the record)

Edited by joshuatxuk

chromeo??? chillwave?? wtf

i am fully aware that chromeo is not anything remotely "chillwave" but neon indian is, and solid gold, sortof...

and then the rest of the label dl's for free, chillwave or not...

anywho

carryon

Geez, I guess I'm lucky in the fact that my fiance shares my appreciation for much of the electronic and IDM music I listen to, or at least tolerates it. She also rather listen to something like Apparat than most of the stuff in this thread.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Chill Murray...genius .

:emotawesomepm9:

And just for the record, can we not agree Neon Indian sucks? (or is at least immensely overrated)? I've listened to about everything else supposedly related to, um, the "Chill Murry" scene and I can't figure out why the hell he's the most hyped. (I just read he's opening for Massive Attack, which I kind of find insulting. Like Flashbulb opening for, I dunno, Kraftwerk or something...and no I'm not saying Kraftwerk or Massive Attack are equals, for the record)

I enjoy his music lol But yes...he is the most overrated of the bunch , my son .

yeah, you probably made a good choice spore. washed out was alright, small black was meh, every other band was laughable. and the one piece of washed out merch was a tour cd-r EP for ten fucking bucks. ten bucks for a CD-R EP with no fucking cover, just a blank sleeve. pft. the high point of the night was beer.

ah yeah, heard the tour ep as well. it was alright, but it seemed like the bands during the first half of the show were parodies of the bands playing during the second half of the show. and washed out wasn't that impressive live. plus it was a 16+ gig, so tons of teenagers dancing like bleached assholes

I felt guilty for not going, because I bought a ticket in advance. But I just didn't feel like it, though I really wanted to see Washed Out. I heard he sucks live though. If I had known you were going, I would have went. If you have a last.fm account or something add me so we can meet up sometime at a show in the future. http://www.last.fm/user/posture

Next show I am going to is Chapterhouse, Ulrich Schnauss and Mahogany at The Bell House in Brooklyn. I think it may be sold out though.

Guest Glass Plate

I would assume most of the main names in the chill wave scene live would suck, since there's very little live instrumentation.

5371af84.jpg

This looks boooring.

Edited by Glass Plate

Guest Glass Plate

the only good chillwave artists are Ariel Pink and James Ferraro.

I have nothing to contribute to this thread

yeah, you probably made a good choice spore. washed out was alright, small black was meh, every other band was laughable. and the one piece of washed out merch was a tour cd-r EP for ten fucking bucks. ten bucks for a CD-R EP with no fucking cover, just a blank sleeve. pft. the high point of the night was beer.

Washed Out is playing with Beach House in Austin, I'm pondering the idea of going. CD-R's are lame...it's kind of shock to me because he's big on selling limited edition cassettes with exclusive tracks, which is at least novel.

I would assume most of the main names in the chill wave scene live would suck, since there's very little live instrumentation.5371af84.jpgThis looks boooring.

Toro Y Moi looks like dull in general.

I read Memory Tapes blows live, watched some video of it and agreed. It was him on guitar, a drummer, and a lot of out of key loops. A good live show is apparently Neon Indian's one undeniable strength, probably since he's an experienced musician and not a bedroom producer.

Edited by joshuatxuk

I felt guilty for not going, because I bought a ticket in advance. But I just didn't feel like it, though I really wanted to see Washed Out. I heard he sucks live though. If I had known you were going, I would have went. If you have a last.fm account or something add me so we can meet up sometime at a show in the future. http://www.last.fm/user/posture

Next show I am going to is Chapterhouse, Ulrich Schnauss and Mahogany at The Bell House in Brooklyn. I think it may be sold out though.

Chapterhouse is back together?!?? with Ulrich Schnauss? that should be a good show...

• 4 weeks later...

this thread has to be brought back for this magic, which is james ferraro-related, which in turn means totally chillwave-unrelated:

DIGITALFLYER.jpg

if these releases are successfully materialized, the future will arrive early!

chillwave is gay now