IGNORED

Looking for a new release

soma333

Hullo,

I think I may be pissing in the wind here, but I'm looking for this record I found in a store almost a year ago.

It was new, had just been released, and it was a collection of what was basically this lady's basement tapes.

She used all sorts of analogue equipment and a synth(s) from what I was told, and I believe it was all recorded sometime in the 60's. The guy at the store told me that her family found all these tapes and decided to release it, may have been vinyl-only. If I remember correctly, the record cover was a dark pastel shade of green with some sort of design on it.

I am desperately trying to find that damn record again because I stupidly passed it up.

It sounds really great, sort of minimal, reminds me of some Bruce Haack, just really great.

I figured someone on here would know what I'm talking about. PLEEASE HELP ME JESUS!

oh shit...

ursula-bogner-recordings-19.jpg

this is it man thank you so much xy!!!!

hell fucking yes man thank you thank you thank you!!!

side note: my girlfriends son is named xylo, xy for short, im actually kickin it with him right now

so extra props to you xy!!!!!

everyone check this record out!!

yeah man hope its legit, the record store guy was very adamant on showing me the record and telling me the backstory.

it was partly what attracted me to it. Good nonetheless, and i can finally listen to it again!

:emotawesomepm9:

It's supposedly a Jan Jelinek project, under an alias and story. At least, that's what I read online somewhere.

yeah this is probably what it is , but it very badly makes me want to launch a bunch of fake old 'archive' synth projects

the internet makes hoaxes like this super easy :emotawesomepm9: i fucking love it!

I wasn't kidding earlier. It is my sincere belief that the pictures of Ursula Bogner that you see in the CD notes and online are actually Jan Jelinek in a wig.

the internet also makes it really common too... i'm sure i've heard about 3 or 4 similar hoaxes.

yes but you've only heard of them as 'hoaxes' because they've been revealed, what if someone does an amazing job faking all of the details? i can see something like this going undetected easily.

Guest David R James

the internet also makes it really common too... i'm sure i've heard about 3 or 4 similar hoaxes.

are the hoaxes you talk about actual releases by 'established' artists? wouldn't mind checking them out. Are they in a similar genre?

Archived