IGNORED

folk metal

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest ezkerraldean

i know Korpiklaani really well and fucking love them, but don't know much else that's like them.

TELL ME

also maybe some of the more melodic Viking stuff like Tyr, that's pretty banging

finntroll

i don't think i've heard them, but i believe they be some sort of folkmetal. dunno if it's like korpiklaani. they're both finnish, tho. and the finns love their metal. except me.

Guest Smuckers

Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja

Lumsk - Troll

Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr

Månegarm - Vredens Tids

Some (all) might be not quite what you're looking for; either too Black Metaly or not. :shrug:

I 2nd Finntroll, Moonsarrow, and Managarm. If you are into the slower, darker stuff you may also like "The Mantle" by Agalloch. If you're into the cheesier melodic "power metal" side of things closer to Tyr, you may like early Falconer which is hilariously epic mideval folk metal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-OqVYA4htE

\m/ :emotawesomepm9:

Guest ezkerraldean

amon amarth

ensiferum

wintersun

turisas

eluveitie

actually i've heard some Ensiferum but it seemed a bit poo compared to Korpiklaani. forgot to mention Turisas too they're awesome. Amon Amarth are good but it's just death metal about vikings, as opposed to viking metal

not heard any moonsorrow, i'll hit that shit

basically i want metal that has folk singing and folk instruments in it, grrr i don't have enough

Guest tht tne

amon amarth

ensiferum

wintersun

turisas

eluveitie

actually i've heard some Ensiferum but it seemed a bit poo compared to Korpiklaani. forgot to mention Turisas too they're awesome. Amon Amarth are good but it's just death metal about vikings, as opposed to viking metal

not heard any moonsorrow, i'll hit that shit

basically i want metal that has folk singing and folk instruments in it, grrr i don't have enough

until 2004 jari mäenpää was the lead singer and lead guitarist... now it's petri lindroos... jari is much better than petri and the pre-2004 material was better

• 9 years later...

couldn't really find a better thread to post this band, it's nothing out of this world but i think they're pretty cool...
some odd time sigs, heavy guitars, ethereal vocals, psy synths, you name it...

The group was originally conceived of as an art project exploring and subverting the cultural signifiers of their shared Asian Canadian heritage[2] through the lens of their own mixed Asian-European heritage. They developed a music and performance style incorporating aspects of Asian C-pop and J-pop, progressive rock, heavy metal and industrial music,[2] with roots in Haudenosaunee and First Nations culture, as well as Buddhist philosophy, anime and manga, Chinese opera and Kabuki and Noh theatre.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived