IGNORED

Surfing On Sine Waves/Quoth

bubbhasdance

And here we are with Polygon Window! Have fun listening to these, cause it's probably the closest we'll ever get to SAW85-92ish music (especially on Surfing). Have at it!

0bd049d1.jpg

Cover.jpg

Hey almost 900 posts, hurrah! :P Will be listening to SOSW tomorrow and Quoth later tonight.

Edited by bubbhasdance

Surfing on Sine Waves is my favourite AFX album (TIED WITH I CARE BECAUSE YOU DO).

The sound is bizarre and eerie, like being stuck in a DXM trip for 57 minutes.

10/10 - Every track gets a 10/10 rating.

Top 5 -

If It Really Is Me (Favourite AFX track)

Quino-phec

Portreath Harbour

Audax Powder

Quixote

Quoth EP - I absolutely love the title track , but i don't care about the others.

That picture of Richard running down the stairs is the best thing ever.

Guest Calx Sherbet

Quoth EP - I absolutely love the title track , but i don't care about the others.

not even Bike Pump Meets Bucket? :cerious:

Quixote is one of my favourite RDJ tracks ever. But I've always felt that it should have actually closed the album instead of being second to last (on the original UK version).

Guest Calx Sherbet

the other day i was listening to this album when i was going on a walk, it was really grey and dreary out, and every track seemed to fit the moment perfectly. (Untitled) seemed unusually appropriate for when i was walking around on this shut down, flooded golf course.

and this album actually has one of my favourite aphex moments. i love it in "If it Really is Me" when the piano flutters up and comes back down real quick.

Edited by Calx Sherbet

it was really grey and dreary out, and every track seemed to fit the moment perfectly.

I get that feeling from it too (not that I think the album's dreary), I can see exactly where you're coming from. I'm not sure if I just get that suggestion from the front cover, which also seems perfect.

Guest Calx Sherbet

it could be a subconscious thing, seeing the album art. but i really can't imagine listening to it on a sunny day. and i wouldn't mean dreary in a negative way, i like that kind of weather a lot. it's just so reserved and peaceful

Portreath harbor always makes me think of the cover art though. i just want to sit on the edge of one of those rocks and listen to this album

Edited by Calx Sherbet

Guest Calx Sherbet

wow, i really have a lot to say about this album, but i can hardly get it all out in words. a lot of this album sounds so adrenaline charged and adventurous, like it was meant to be played on a long journey

it was really grey and dreary out, and every track seemed to fit the moment perfectly.

I get that feeling from it too (not that I think the album's dreary), I can see exactly where you're coming from. I'm not sure if I just get that suggestion from the front cover, which also seems perfect.

That cover art is exactly what I imagine when I listen to Quino-phec. This is music for the ocean, as the tide rocks back and forth and the air is light and misty.

I can't wait to listen to these releases, this is gonna be a good week :biggrin:

Edited by Dragon

Guest Rabid

On - Great track. These seven minutes seemed to go by really quickly. I love everything in this track, the voices, the rain, the background melodies, the beats. I wouldn't say it's one of richard's best but it is a classic no doubt about it.

73-yips - Oh god no. Not more caustic window music :facepalm: Skipping.

D-Scape - Kind of cool, has a mysterious feel to it but fails to really grab me. The intro is way too drawn-out. The beat is cool once it kicks in pun intended. This whole track is kind of hypnotic and entrancing, I actually sort of like it but its one of aphex's weaker ones. The title is very fitting.

Xepha - Eh, boring.

Overall: 5/10 would not listen again

Guest ruiagnelo

On - Great track. These seven minutes seemed to go by really quickly. I love everything in this track, the voices, the rain, the background melodies, the beats. I wouldn't say it's one of richard's best but it is a classic no doubt about it.

D-Scape - Kind of cool, has a mysterious feel to it but fails to really grab me. The intro is way too drawn-out. The beat is cool once it kicks in pun intended. This whole track is kind of hypnotic and entrancing, I actually sort of like it but its one of aphex's weaker ones. The title is very fitting.

Xepha - Eh, boring.

WRONG THREAD!

Guest Calx Sherbet

Xepha - Eh, boring.

WRONG THREAD!

AND VERY WRONG OPINION!

SOSW is just gorgeous, I love it <3 Won't be able to do detailed reviews this week (in Cali on spring break), but I do agree with most of the people here that the album feels very dreary and dark...kind of like a day in Seattle, overcast right before the rain. 8/10 easy, probably more

i'm kinda bored with this album. i guess there was a point that i listened to it lots but for me it hasn't withstood the test of time.i agree some songs are lovely, i especially like the two new tracks but i dunno.

Guest Joebot Kill

this album has never truly clicked for me. i always go to saw 85-92 or i care because you do. today i am going to give it my most earnest listen, and see where that gets me.

the insert in Budakhan mindphone has a picture of a tunnel that looks VERY similar.

theyre both tunnels in the London Underground. not sure which stations though.