IGNORED

Surfing On Sine Waves/Quoth

bubbhasdance

bumping as i don't think i've seen anyone post about this yet...

announcement of surfing on sine waves 'complete edition' releasing on december 4th (which at the moment appears to be a japan-exclusive cd)

https://www.beatink.com/products/detail.php?product_id=11466

Reissue decision as a complete version containing 14 songs!

And in this work, under the supervision of Richard himself, two songs ("Bike Pump Meets Bucket" and "Iketa") and "Quoth (Wooden Thump Mix)" that were not recorded on the album from the single board "Quoth", It contains all of the two unreleased songs "Portreath Harbor" and "Redruth Schoo" released on the white label in 2001.

The masterpiece "Surfing On Sine Waves" released by Richard D. James from <WARP> for the first time will be released on December 4th with a bonus track and a commentary! This work by ally Designers Republic worked on the artwork. This is the first time that a CD has been released with a paper jacket specification.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

50 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

What's a "mini LP sleeve"?

The phrase "paper jacket specification", and the fact that it's Japanese, leads me to think it'll be one of their vinyl replica releases. They're quite common in Japan. Effectively a very detailed recreation of the original LP sleeve, only in miniature. They're normally made using high quality heavyweight card to match the original LP sleeve, and tend to have replicas of all the inner-sleeves, if applicable. Although they're CD-sized, they're still somewhat bigger than your average card sleeve. Here's my copy of Pink Floyd's Meddle compared to one of the card sleeves from NTS Sessions:

Screenshot-2020-11-02-at-17.jpg
Screenshot-2020-11-02-at-17-1.jpg
Screenshot-2020-11-02-at-18.jpg

I have quite a few of them, and they're hands down my favourite art style for CD releases. Quite why the jewel case was invented is beyond me.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, auxien said:

i’m kind of dumb and/or lazy, is this coming out i’m not-Japan? or is it a Japan only thing and i’d have her it as an import or whatever?

It’s not just you. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, purlieu said:

Screenshot-2020-11-02-at-18.jpg

Thanks for the explanation - one more question though - which of these four are Sean and Rob? I thought AE was just the two of them; who are these other guys...?

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Thanks for the explanation - one more question though - which of these four are Sean and Rob? I thought AE was just the two of them; who are these other guys...?

tom & rich

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Rob - Tom - Sean - Noel Edmonds

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...