IGNORED

'how much longer willl aphex be a don?' or somthing

beerwolf

As Fred McGriff would say: DEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCKDEATHFUCK

Guest dilbthelame

i read something not so long ago about how genius generally comes in one or two forms,

namely that the person either does his best work super early, like teens-20s, and spends the rest of their lives trying to live up to that, or that the person's work improves from relative mediocrity in his early years to insane awesomeness later in life.

this has been mirrored in such areas as art, music, science, maths, etceteyada, but i'm far too lazy to dig up actual examples, or the original quote, so...

either way my general take on the whole rdj/had his chips thing is this, that he's been blessed with / blessed us with so(ooooooooo) many awesome tracks of pure awesomeness that even if he never produces anything even as good in the future, he's still done this much in the past. it's rare as fuck to have someone make music this awesome in any generation, i'm fucking glad he made it roughly in mine, even if he never releases anything in the future or if he records the sound of his own farts thru bank staircase reverb.

but, if he is in the second case and the very best is yet to come when he's using a stick and has to find his way around the sequencer by feel, then bloody hell it's goingt'a be awesome.

[/fanboyspaff]

Honestly, I've never got why so many people think the SAW albums are his best material, unless they're attracted to the simplicity. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to them a lot, but to me they definitely sound the most undeveloped of the main Aphex albums. I think he's only gone forward since then.

Honestly, I've never got why so many people think the SAW albums are his best material, unless they're attracted to the simplicity. Don't get me wrong, I like listening to them a lot, but to me they definitely sound the most undeveloped of the main Aphex albums. I think he's only gone forward since then.

This. I think his best music is still to come.

Why? I think Rushup Edge is one of his best. :braindance:

Guest Rabid

I completely agree, bro.

Guest Calx Sherbet

yes, he has gone forward. i still find the SAW's to be the best.

analord leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the sort of career he's had. I fear we'll never get anything generally interesting from him again.

i'm not a fan of this post.

I'm not expecting many others to be either

CONTROVERSY

Guest Calx Sherbet

analord leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the sort of career he's had. I fear we'll never get anything generally interesting from him again.

i'm not a fan of this post.

I'm not expecting many others to be either

CONTROVERSY

SNEAKSTA303

Archived