IGNORED

Oversteps Tour Recordings

jaderpansen

just for the sake of clarity and convenience let's list this shit!

so far we got:

Birmingham (mastered) - nice and pumpin, bit muddy maybe, nonetheless best one so far

Ljubljana - clearer sound, more detail but not as direct

Manchester - somewhere between the former two

did i miss something?

the more improvisational approach makes it really interesting comparing recordings this time, noticing the set's evolution... like, for example manchester starts out with breakbeat stuff and not until 1.30 or so it goes into the OOMPH OOMPH part, which works as opener on the later dates... a good choice, it makes for a really fucked up first impression :D

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i believe they opened with that steady thing in Manchester too, the recording is just missing the first 10 minutes or so. There's another Manchester recording (first that showed up) which is complete but has worse sound.

Whoa, hangon a sec....i hadn't heard this lubljana one....loads of fucked melodies over the intro that weren't there in the first few dates???

even though some say this is the 'inferior' recording, im getting a lot more of that AE melody out of this recording than any of the others,, anyone else?

yeh. though it's not really an accurate representation of how it sounded, at Berghain at least. The bass kicks were very very loud compared to everything else. It was a bit more transparent than say the Manchester recordings, but the mix sounded pretty much like these.

yeh. though it's not really an accurate representation of how it sounded, at Berghain at least. The bass kicks were very very loud compared to everything else. It was a bit more transparent than say the Manchester recordings, but the mix sounded pretty much like these.

the sound at Manchester was pretty grim to the point I almost thought there was some technical hitch for the first 15mins, the acoustics with a large PA was like kicking an empty bucket with a steel toe cap

when I cleaned up the audio a bit I could pick out a lot of things that I simple couldn't hear at the gig, a shame :sad:

Guest Greg Reason

I'm stuck in Australia for the time being so I couldn't see any of these shows unfortunately. When I mastered the Lubljana recording I tried to get maximal clarity even though I was aware it probably didn't sound like that in the room. From the source material the bassey stuff all but dominated the mix on the night.

the Ljubljana recording is by FAR the best. in fact i think it is really the only one worth listening to because it is the only one that managed to capture both the beats AND the melodic stuff that was going on. the melodies were almost completely lost on all the other recordings, drowned out by those insane bass frequencies.

bonus points for the audience who actually had some respect for the artist and seemed to keep their chatter down to a minimum. not too many idiots yapping on this recording.

Whoa, hangon a sec....i hadn't heard this lubljana one....loads of fucked melodies over the intro that weren't there in the first few dates???

even though some say this is the 'inferior' recording, im getting a lot more of that AE melody out of this recording than any of the others,, anyone else?

True, but these melodies just weren't present at the earlier gigs. The set they played in Birmingham had about half the melodic content of the Lubljana set, if that. They're obviously twiddling with their Max patches as they tour.

much of these also weren't hearable (not say they weren't in the mix) at the Berlin show which was a couple of days later.

then, there were a few bits that really stood out in Berlin which can't be heard in any recordings at all.

It's probably in there but masked by the bass and then EQ'd to oblivion.

they might be twiddling their max patches, but probably not very extensively. If i was a betting man i'd say they start out with the same set each time and do minor tweaks/sweeps/arps whatever as usual.

the Ljubljana recording is by FAR the best. in fact i think it is really the only one worth listening to because it is the only one that managed to capture both the beats AND the melodic stuff that was going on. the melodies were almost completely lost on all the other recordings, drowned out by those insane bass frequencies.

yeah this seems to be the case, as well as those melodies not even being in the earlier shows. Either way im really enjoying this recording, its the only one i listened to from beginning to end so far. Hopefully and even better one comes out

++ UPDATE ++

Hamburg - quite transparent and crisp, bass somewhat distorted tho and unfortunately only the last half hour, still very nice addition! props to panz0r!

i wish i could edit this into the list in the initial post, cos this way people will have to browse through pages to find all links, a situation which to avoid the thread was originally started... on the other hand, not that much dates left, anyway...

also noticed this in the "Oversteps Tour" thread:

Im a noob to this thread now. Last time i heard of the following, could someone update me?

—Awful muddy MCR recording

—Good Birmingham recording (minus the drunken shouting)

—An MCR recording sounding as though taken from the back of the stage with no low end

and a kinda good recording from Ljubljana, Slovenia.

which makes 4 excluding hamburg, what did i miss?

yeh here's still kinda hoping for someone holding out on their flawless soundboard recording for after the tour is over

i believe they opened with that steady thing in Manchester too, the recording is just missing the first 10 minutes or so. There's another Manchester recording (first that showed up) which is complete but has worse sound.

i see... should have figured i guess, with the fade in and all... but they didn't fall back into the oomph part in berlin once they'd went on, did they? thanks to soundwave for the link to the original!

stll, all the sets differ considerably, most noticeable towards the end...

got a recording from Oslo, Norway 03 April someone uploaded to WHAT

uploading to megauplod atm, I'll post a link when its done.

sounds pretty good

can't fucking remember anything of this from when I heard them april 4th. just the beat in the beginning. it was v bassy

Archived