IGNORED

Oversteps Tour Recordings

jaderpansen

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm.... not great quality in the end.. the Slovenia and Oslo sets are better... But here it is...

My link

Maybe i'll do better with the dublin set in 2 weeks!

note to self - stand right up front like at squarepusher in future!

well maybe 2 dudes (left/ right) recording the same set at different places of the venue, then the 2 files mixed via software, could give good results.

its weird ae didnt release those quaristice set... its top material, weird to think that music might be locked for some long time (if not lost forever!).

weird ae didnt release those quaristice set... its top material, weird to think that music might be locked for some long time (if not lost forever!).

that's how AE wants it. and we shouldn't question it

it's lost forever; they stated many times they dont save their sets ... but sometimes pull down old recordings (by fans)

kind of strange right?

if I were them I think I would like to listen back to our set, maybe examine certain things or fuck reminiscence one day.

that contradicts information i've read in other interviews where they say they often listen to board recordings of a show they just played in the tour bus on the drive to the next show

this makes more sense to me, making me believe it a bit more

that contradicts information i've read in other interviews where they say they often listen to board recordings of a show they just played in the tour bus on the drive to the next show

so they more than likely have their own archive of quality recordings? that's good to hear.

because you're a bit more in the know than certainly me, what do you reckon the legality of releasing these recordings would be? would they be legally obligated to release them via Warp Records, or do you think they would be fully within their rights to release them by themselves?

edit: that's assuming they may in future release them, of course.

so they more than likely have their own archive of quality recordings? that's good to hear.

because you're a bit more in the know than certainly me, what do you reckon the legality of releasing these recordings would be? would they be legally obligated to release them via Warp Records, or do you think they would be fully within their rights to release them by themselves?

the flaming lips put up most of their live shows on their website for free to download... and thats Warner Bros... I would hope Autechre could just post those sets whereever they liked.

the flaming lips put up most of their live shows on their website for free to download... and thats Warner Bros... I would hope Autechre could just post those sets whereever they liked.

i would take an uneducated guess that it would all depend on the contract really...some recording contracts could possibly have a clause that includes all works created during the contract. :shrug:

hmm.... not great quality in the end.. the Slovenia and Oslo sets are better... But here it is...

I dunno, I really like the shattered audio, it adds another dimension. Literally sounds like someone is using a hammer drill on the microphone diaphragm.

it's lost forever; they stated many times they dont save their sets ... but sometimes pull down old recordings (by fans)

i don't buy that for 1 second that they delete everything. why would they do that? didnt thy make quari from live recorded stuff?

i don't buy that for 1 second that they delete everything. why would they do that? didnt thy make quari from live recorded stuff?

nope, it was improv sessions in the studio from what i know.

that's probably why someone said they saw the soundboard dude recording their set onto a laptop on one of the dates on this tour. they probably listen back to it the next day. especially with this set evolving so much compared to their other tours.

but do they save these recordings? i think probably not. remember how quaristice started? they said they were going to get their untilted live set down for posterity before they wiped the machines and moved on to new stuff. but if they already had a bunch of soundboard recordings from that tour, then why would they need to record it all again? makes me think that they are just deleting all of this stuff. :ohmy:

still, i wouldn't be suprised if someone had managed to get some of these recordings. maybe the soundboard guy saved some for himself, or maybe their mates have got some recordings. who knows? but if a pristine recording of that quaristice set was never preserved anywhere... :cry:

best chance for a new soundboard? tap into the board at one of their big festival gigs (i doubt their soundguy would be at allowed to be running the boards at one of those. those things run all day long.) or else just hack into via wifi / steal his laptop. download the goods & then return it to the venue later or whatever. :shuriken:

they've also said that they like hearing audience recordings too as it gives them an idea of how the space has been used

quite chuffed to know that the boys have most likely given my effort a listen (and will hopefully have learned never play in Pure ever again)

anyhows what are they going to do with all these soundbords, take the best an make a new album like Quaristice or bring out some super duper ltd edition metal cased box set of highlights from the past decade (I wish)?

I've noticed there's a lot of ad lib and algorithmic elements to this tour as each bootleg sounds very different to the next so my theory is that the live scenario is like a beta test for what works and also what the fans respond best too.

My link

Maybe i'll do better with the dublin set in 2 weeks!

note to self - stand right up front like at squarepusher in future!

all efforts appreciated dude :beer: I'll be bopping to this at work today :music:

phudoshin your the man. I did not know you were there. what did you think of the set? i thought it was totally sick. cant wait to hear it

I loved the London set at the time I was there and the more i listen to it now.. the better it gets. It's so twisted and subtle and doesn;t have many hooks or melodies to grab you - unlike Hemsby which is choc full of killer moments. I really dig the style though..... a mash of bass and rhtymns that "evokes" rather than lays it out in front of you. I suppose like anyone I would have liked a moment or two from Oversteps....the way Ae did with Quaristice tour..... but i suppose they've just taken it to the next level.

Right now I'm at 23mins of the London set....... seriously twisted synths that the crowd loves.

Archived