IGNORED

Self-Indulgent Untilted track by track review

springymajig

Guest theSun

haha yeah everyone and their mom is all about lentic on here.

before you go any further i just want to say that music is 100% subjective

haha yeah everyone and their mom is all about lentic on here.

before you go any further i just want to say that music is 100% subjective

Yes it is. I don't use "I think" and "in my opinion" or "I feel" at the beginning of my sentences enough but I mean really... why do I have to remind people that my thoughts on music are MY opinions only? If you can't accept that music is subjective (I wouldn't say 100% but it's certainly moreso than some other art forms like film... there are films that are just BAD, no matter what you say... they can still be enjoyable, but by any measurable set of standards they are BAAAD... but there's not a lot of music out there like that) then you shouldn't be allowed to discuss it :P

But that said, I have nothing against people having very strong opinions about music and fighting them out. As long as they're not being a dick about it.

• 1 month later...

Had a shite day at work, got home and banged on untilted REALLY loud.

For the first 20 minutes the album went some way to really unsettle me and just made me feel worse. I dunno, im really hungry too so thats probably not helping. Im now on Lera and feeling a lot calmer.

I cant believe how different these tracks sound when played at loud volumes - there is so much going on in Lera that I never noticed before...

Ahh, Fermium, fucking love this one...

Augmatic Disport - Sound design wise, this one is a bit cheesy by todays standards, but ignoring that... it's so so so good. It transforms so perfectly, the pacing is really really good, the melodies that come in later on are so beautiful and the beat at the end is just so simple and cool, a breath of fresh air after the chaos they came before it. Probably the darkest part of the album, definitely another favourite of mine along with LCC.

the last few minutes of this track when all the chaos starts to subside and all you have is a simple hip hop beat and bass... this is my favorite autechre moment probably since they started... it's not my favorite track by them mind you, i just love that transition from chaos to order. but most of you probably already know the love i have for the last few minutes of this track.

Augmatic Disport - Sound design wise, this one is a bit cheesy by todays standards, but ignoring that... it's so so so good. It transforms so perfectly, the pacing is really really good, the melodies that come in later on are so beautiful and the beat at the end is just so simple and cool, a breath of fresh air after the chaos they came before it. Probably the darkest part of the album, definitely another favourite of mine along with LCC.

the last few minutes of this track when all the chaos starts to subside and all you have is a simple hip hop beat and bass... this is my favorite autechre moment probably since they started... it's not my favorite track by them mind you, i just love that transition from chaos to order. but most of you probably already know the love i have for the last few minutes of this track.

You're not alone though are you? I was under the impression that that part of the track is widely regarded as one of the highlights on the album.

word... indeed!

Archived