IGNORED

The Psychic Stewardess - Spiritual Foundation

Rubin Farr

Another great alias from Legowelt's label. I like the chilled tracks the most, wish the whole thing was one big John Carpenter soundtrack.

Guest Apeofnaples

Just got this and I am loving it. Could you recommend things similar to this, Antoni Maiovvi or John Carpenter?

Zombi ~ Surface to Air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSBO7f_g9Lk

Zombie Zombie ~ A land for Renegades

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT7AH4JyuNs

Etienne Jaumet ~ Night Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfGmoXU2heg

Majeure ~ Timespan ~ Timespan

Guest viscosity

like this album ^^^^gonna check those out. thanks

does the rest of strange life sound similar to this? haven't really looked into Legowelt. might have to hear more

This is a great album, unlike anything I've heard in a while. I need to pay more attention to Strange Life.

Also second the recommendations for Zombi and, erm, Zombie Zombie. Those two albums above are well worth a good few listens.

Guest Stoppit

For anyone looking to check out more Strange Life, I would recommend:

Franz Falckenhaus - Stories From My Cold War / The Europa Judgement (paranoid soviet espionage)

Phalangius - The Cambridge Library Murders (mysterious investigations)

Florenza Mavelli - Special Brigade (Italian cop show soundtrack)

Klaus Weltman - Cultus Island (strange experiments and sci-fi goings on)

Legowelt - The Rise And Fall Of Manuel Noriega (Central-American covert operations)

of course, they're all Legowelt under various aliases, and I love the little worlds he creates with each album. I think he does something similar to the Ghost Box artists, in creating soundtracks to a time and place that never really was...yet is weirdly familiar at the same time.

For anyone looking to check out more Strange Life, I would recommend:

Franz Falckenhaus - Stories From My Cold War / The Europa Judgement (paranoid soviet espionage)

Phalangius - The Cambridge Library Murders (mysterious investigations)

Florenza Mavelli - Special Brigade (Italian cop show soundtrack)

Klaus Weltman - Cultus Island (strange experiments and sci-fi goings on)

Legowelt - The Rise And Fall Of Manuel Noriega (Central-American covert operations)

of course, they're all Legowelt under various aliases, and I love the little worlds he creates with each album. I think he does something similar to the Ghost Box artists, in creating soundtracks to a time and place that never really was...yet is weirdly familiar at the same time.

Thanks for this, I plan to work my way through some of these depending on my cashflow. D/Led the Phalangius album for tonight, sounds like just what I'm after. Klaus Weltman next, I think.

Loving this album, thanks for the recommendations Caretstik.

Thanks dude, but credit where it's due! :blush: It was Stoppit and Apeofnaples who really put the word about in here. But I'm definitely with you on the recommendations :beer: .

nb: I am loving the SHIT out of the Phalangius album.

True, I misread who originally posted the recommendations. Thanks Stoppit and Apeofnaples for the recommendations.

Guest Apeofnaples

True, I misread who originally posted the recommendations. Thanks Stoppit and Apeofnaples for the recommendations.

Sweeeet!

thanks for all the recommendations, definitely the most interesting retro-fetishism label happening right now. I appreciate what Ghost-box is doing but maybe i have to be British and/or pagan to really get the appeal of that stuff

• 5 years later...

Archived