IGNORED

The Future Sound Of London - Environments 3

purlieu

Guest ruiagnelo

They were released in February and March (Discogs orders stuff in alphabetical order), various transmissions from the 1990s, they're slowly putting their entire live transmissions and radio mixes series onto their website. All the Kiss FM mixes from 92/93 are there along with the Essential Mix shows and their more recent Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble series and the Electric Brain Storms mixes.

I have the psychedelic bubble and electric brain storm series. Are all the ISDN transmissions worth getting?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anything promoting Tales Of Ephidrina and Lifeforms is good, the Rome show is very good, and the Kiss FM Transmissions 1-6 are similar in style, a little earlier (not the Test Transmissions, they're very early 90s house/techno radio shows and have dated less well). New York and Netherlands contain a lot of ISDN material, New York focusses on the more ambient end of that album and Netherlands has a lot of the hip-hop/jazz touches (many tracks from the album came from these performances). The Barcelona show is very interesting, a rare performance from 1995 which is the halfway point between ISDN and Dead Cities and contains early versions of Dead Cities tracks.

A lot of the Dead Cities tour has overlaps and with the archives series available it contains less in the way of exclusive material, but the 2 hour Los Angeles show is marvellous and worthwhile getting ahold of.

TL;DR: mostly, particularly the ones I put in bold.

Guest ruiagnelo

Anything promoting Tales Of Ephidrina and Lifeforms is good, the Rome show is very good, and the Kiss FM Transmissions 1-6 are similar in style, a little earlier (not the Test Transmissions, they're very early 90s house/techno radio shows and have dated less well). New York and Netherlands contain a lot of ISDN material, New York focusses on the more ambient end of that album and Netherlands has a lot of the hip-hop/jazz touches (many tracks from the album came from these performances). The Barcelona show is very interesting, a rare performance from 1995 which is the halfway point between ISDN and Dead Cities and contains early versions of Dead Cities tracks.

A lot of the Dead Cities tour has overlaps and with the archives series available it contains less in the way of exclusive material, but the 2 hour Los Angeles show is marvellous and worthwhile getting ahold of.

TL;DR: mostly, particularly the ones I put in bold.

Thanks mate! Will try to get those and have a listen :music:

i'm liking the chilled flow so far, sounds great on headphones. from the interviews Gaz gave i was expecting more melodic tracks, but i'm not complaining. EV 2&3 are some of my favorites.

Archived