IGNORED

Guest boredroom

Guest ruiagnelo

As Promised :)

Unearthed the discovered tomb of the 3 headed Anubis

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PAWK3E8E

Well, as i already told you mate, great thing you are doing, sharing this with the fans. Thank you!!

P.S.: the link says "the file is not yet available"... how is that?

EDIT: it's now available. Can't wait to listen to it.

For those who might see this post and question themselves, these are several rare and unreleased tracks from a tape recorded in the 90's from our TBD boys. Enjoy!

What is the meaning of the title, anyway? 5.3.11?

Edited by ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

I always tag music and associate with a cover, so for these tracks i created this image.

capa.jpg

Go ahead and use it if you want.

It's a mix of trainer's cover and Spanners inner book artwork. Really goes well with the music.

Guest ruiagnelo

Some more candy for you guys: a flyer from a 90's TBD gig, with Spanners era artwork and a newsletter about TBD's gig at the 69 club.

Enjoy. Full credit goes to mr. boredroom, starter of this topic, who got us the very rare tape of TBD live jam sessions.

69353.jpg

69.jpg

Guest ruiagnelo

wait what? so there's some unreleased black dog in the first post? fuck my 4gb download limit!

Man, two hours of Bytes / Spanners era unreleased and RARE tunes!!

Just download it!

Edited by ruiagnelo

Guest ruiagnelo

Just gave the first listen to it, and, wow.

Side A starts with a psil-coysin demo, pretty different from the original and with some very interesting moments. Really like the diferences between the two versions.

The second track is unreleased and probably was taken out of spanners, because really sounds like an early sketch, already developed tho. The strings sound like bytes era, but overall its from a late period.

After this one comes an unreleased mix (#2) of rosery pilots, which is incredible. Although it's sounding tape quality, i might prefer this one rather than the original.

4th and 5th are spanners outakes, i guess, pretty good actually.

6th is simpleton, from the peel sessions. You already know this one.

The last two tracks are from spanners era too, lovely as all the previous.

Side B starts with a beautiful track that sounds to be from the bytes era, as well as the second track.

The third is an acid mix of merck, my favorite tune on original 93 album. It's pretty long actually, around 10 min with various rhythm breaks and great sounds. Turned out to be a surprise.

4th track is my favorite. North (Norte?) Route mix (#5). It's not as epic as the original, but has got some pretty sweet strings. Really love it.

5th is a Fight the Hits mix. You will recognize some basic sounds, but it has a different feeling. It's so awesome. Shame it ends so abruptly.

Next comes another Merck Mix (#3). A bit heavier than the original, but with beautiful strings. So incredibly beautiful.

The last track it's actually just the beginning of one that seems to be taken out from bytes selection. It starts great but it ends suddenly, like if the tape free space had come to an end. Kind of makes me think of i from Aphex Twin's SAW 85-92, too short but too good.

It has the emotional feel and quality sounding that TBD started to create on the 90's and it's a treasure for fans. I got surprised when boredroom said he had this old tape and really got anxious to have it. It sounds like the first times i heard Bytes and the Black Dog Productions EP. It's great to listen to while we wait for Scintilli. The Toronto tape is marvelous too, altought not as good as this, sounding a lot like Ken Downie stuff.

Guest ruiagnelo

I have a 4gb cap man....what bitrate are the mp3s and how do we know they are legit?

That is a serious insult.. of course they are 100% legit. User boredroom confirmed. Just wait for the next month and then download it. You will understand how legit they are. Seriously.

Guest sirch

yeah they're legit. had a listen and there's some really good stuff in there. you can hear it's obviously Black Dog.

very different to the stuff you hear Plaid doing today, obviously, but you can appreciate it for what it is, and the time it was made.

some interesting early takes on classic tracks in there! aswell as some unreleased ones. so it's really interesting if you're at all a Plaid/

early Black Dog, and Black Dog Productions fan.

thanks very much to Boredroom for sharing this! :)

Edited by sirch

Guest ruiagnelo

Aw, it's unavailable now. I'd give my left teste for this.

I am sure you would give both. Wait until you listen to this..

Guest sirch

Boredroom - what's the significance of "5.3.11" ??

is it when Scintilli will be released, maybe? haha

cheers :)

Guest ruiagnelo

I guess it has to do with Ken's fascination with numbers... but only boredroom can explain it properly.

Guest sirch

I guess it has to do with Ken's fascination with numbers... but only boredroom can explain it properly.

Plaid are/were into a bit of Numerology, aswell, tho....

i'm not so sure the "5.3.11" has anything to do with Downie.

from what i've seen it's all about the number 23, and 353, which = the black dog, for Downie. :)

5.3.11 is quite strange tho. is it a date in the future, or was it something else entirely different........ ?

Guest ruiagnelo

Plaid are/were into a bit of Numerology, aswell, tho....

i'm not so sure the "5.3.11" has anything to do with Downie.

from what i've seen it's all about the number 23, and 353, which = the black dog, for Downie. :)

5.3.11 is quite strange tho. is it a date in the future, or was it something else entirely different........ ?

Why is it that 353 means TBD for Downie?

I guess the 5.3.11 comes from that same number...

Guest sirch

who knows?

there's 3 letters in the word "the", tho. and 5 in the word "black". and 3 again in the word "dog".

maybe you're right that the 5.3.11 means a similar thing to 353. because 3+5+3 = 11. spOOOOOky! :)

Guest ruiagnelo

who knows?

there's 3 letters in the word "the", tho. and 5 in the word "black". and 3 again in the word "dog".

maybe you're right that the 5.3.11 means a similar thing to 353. because 3+5+3 = 11. spOOOOOky! :)

I get it. Now there is only one explanation. Black Dog Productions. Maybe boredroom came up with this because of bytes/spanners style tunes.

Guest sirch

*adds boredroom to list of suspicious watmmers*

lol

I get it. Now there is only one explanation. Black Dog Productions.

Ah! i think you might be right there! nice one :)

Guest ruiagnelo

Ahhhh all sounds amazing, can anyone re-up this please??

is it not available anymore on the original link?