IGNORED

Guest boredroom

Boredroom seems to have fallen off the face of the watmm planet.. or gone into hiding..

if you're out there mate, you could always just PM us a linkey? :D go on, you know you want to!

i'm really keen for part.2 now.. and those tracks Plaid did with Autechre??? oh yes. :)

Guest Billov

how come you guys didn't grab this when boredroom uploaded it? :huh:

I only joined in june, this thread hadn't been fresh since may or something...

But seriously this is great stuff, and its nice you put the effort into labeling it properly and slapping on some nice artwork ;)

Only getting around to listening to it now, and I have to say Rosery Pilots is ace :ok:

Guest PusillanimousRex

Is there any possibility that anyone at WATMM could master this?

I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet, but the answer to this question is a definite "yes" - I would have done so anyway for my own purposes.

The download link seems to be dead right now, though. A re-up in FLAC would do wonders for this endeavor.

• 1 month later...

My take is that it is difficult for the old dog members to deal with that era, for personal reasons, and they want to focus on the future. Some very unfortunate deals with labels, and deaths of label owners no doubt contribute to this. The music of the bytes era is very special to me, for personal reasons, and I ache to hear more of those sessions. Some of the unreleased tracks that surfaced in this thread satisfied substantial and prolonged cravings. Something about polyrhythms and digital pipes.

Wouldn't our efforts be better focused towards Warp regrading the release of archive material?

Guest ruiagnelo

Wouldn't our efforts be better focused towards Warp regrading the release of archive material?

this is actually a good idea, and i can see warp going forward with it.

just like a second Trainer.

but i doubt that it will happen, because of what happened in the past between former TBD members.

even Trainer should have featured a couple more tracks, but Ken Downie didn't agree with it, so they were removed, as far as i know.

as much as it is a nice idea i can't see it happening now. i don't reckon any of the original Black Dogger's would really want to go back and trawl through loads of old DAT's and CD's and hard drives.. for a start... then there's the hassle of all agreeing on what should/shouldn't be released.

i'd say Plaid are probably too busy and happy with all their current work/collabs/Scintilli and their lives in general, but maybe it might happen in the future, who knows.

it'd probably be easier to keep the release as a Plaid release, though? or just release stuff that only Ed and Andy had been involved in writing and make sure people are aware of that to save any possible legal issues and hassle and confusion with current tBd and new members, etc. etc.

also it would be better if it was released on Warp i reckon, rather than Soma. like a Trainer #2 as you say, Ruiagnelo..

actually, having said all this, it would really be a very complicated thing to do when you think about it! lol. - i don't think it'll ever happen.

:two cents:

Oh, but I want it so much! Bits certainly hits the spot though, even if the quality is poor.

I just noticed, "Cheeky toke en route" by Yunx is very close melodically to Rosery Pilots. Yum.

i'd like it too. a lot of people would. but i dunno how easy it'd be to get done? i'm guessing it'd be too difficult for everbody. but who knows....

• 1 year later...
Guest ruiagnelo

bump

did boredroom originally uploaded this as FLAC or mp3?

thing is: if there is a FLAC out there, can someone reupload it for me please?

Edited by ruiagnelo

• 4 months later...
Guest piskavac

I would like to hear this too, since I wasn't around the first time it was shared.

Is there a kind soul that would re-up this tape?

Guest sirch

@ piskavac,

maybe you could PM Ruiagnelo, who put a thang of this together with artwork and named it "Bits", for all the naughty ol' fans.

i seem to remember somebody having a go at mastering it as well...

i think 1 or 2 tracks made it up on to youtube, too.

• 9 years later...

Might have been Ed himself? (because borEDroom!?)

Was looking at the dustbrothers/blackdog bandcamp earlier today. And quite honestly, I can't understand why Ken would keep the old Black Dog name going for his new project with the Dust Brothers. Would have been better with a new name, imo. Less confusing.

Yeah, agreed.  After the earlier post-split albums they've just been making decent but pretty run-of-the-mill techno.  Nothing like the original Black Dog stuff.

I don't think Ken has much to do with it any more though?  Well, it's always the annoying, embittered Dust Science brothers, Martin and Richard, you hear from these days anyways.  They take themselves way too seriously, like they think they're the UR of Sheffield or something.

Edited by NewSchoolScience
  • Like 1