IGNORED

Chris Clark Track in Cartoon Network Commerical

GatorGreen

Guest countchocula

Adult Swim has always played electronic music and Cartoon Network is starting to catch on. I got up at 6am for work the other day and turned on the T.V. which was still tuned to CN because of Adult Swim the night before. I heard Squarepusher - Red Hot Car playing and quickly checked the time to see if I had woken up early and adult swim was still on. I was shocked to see it was the children's block of programming. It's too bad they didn't include the lyrics.

Adult Swim has always played electronic music and Cartoon Network is starting to catch on. I got up at 6am for work the other day and turned on the T.V. which was still tuned to CN because of Adult Swim the night before. I heard Squarepusher - Red Hot Car playing and quickly checked the time to see if I had woken up early and adult swim was still on. I was shocked to see it was the children's block of programming. It's too bad they didn't include the lyrics.

CN always has too! Just not Squarepusher. Everything used to have Amen Breaks/Jungle/DnB running during ads for shows. I rocked out as a kid!

So many of your posts are very insightful and well thought out. I don't understand what you are getting at here though. I mean it's not like they are posting the name and album of the artist and saying hey look at us we are hip. It's like a 5 second snippet and if you recognize it, it's because you know it...

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Cartoon Network has been playing electronic music for YEARS . It all began with Toonami back in 1997 .

They use to play stuff by Cujo , Kid Koala , Daft Punk ( I remember they premiered Daft Punk's One More Time ) Joe Boyd Vigil etc .

So electronic music is nothing new to CN.

Guest Backson

it seems a little bit hipster

seriously, fuck you

seriously,

hipstersscarves.jpg

you know what that remind me of? a children's TV network playing niche electronic music in their ads.

Cartoon Network has been playing electronic music for YEARS . It all began with Toonami back in 1997 .

They use to play stuff by Cujo , Kid Koala , Daft Punk ( I remember they premiered Daft Punk's One More Time ) Joe Boyd Vigil etc .

There was a Ben10 commercial a few years ago (I don't know if Ben10 was Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, it came on after I stopped watching television regularly...) that had "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" on it. I was a little surprised, then remembered that it's a popular song. That same day I heard "Atlantis to Interzone" (by Klaxons) on another Ben10 commercial though.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

There was a Ben10 commercial a few years ago (I don't know if Ben10 was Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, it came on after I stopped watching television regularly...) that had "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" on it. I was a little surprised, then remembered that it's a popular song. That same day I heard "Atlantis to Interzone" (by Klaxons) on another Ben10 commercial though.

Yeah , it was CN. They use to play a lot of Daft Punk and Justice . Now they're going through some warp stuff .

• 1 month later...
Guest disparaissant

using the word "hipster" to describe something reminds me of this girl i know who uses the word "indie" as an insult. she's 15.

[as] has a deal with stone's throw and warp, that's why it's mostly stuff from those labels. they were pimping cosmogramma pretty hard a few weeks ago, too. had a whole bump about it and everything.

Guest Greg Reason

it seems a little bit hipster

seriously, fuck you

seriously,

hipstersscarves.jpg

Awep just hates people with scarves :emotawesomepm9:

Dude I learned about squarepusher through cartoon network! I'll always have a soft spot for that channel.

Guest Rabid

I once sent vordhosbn to a friend, all he said was "sounds like something they'd play on adult swim"

I've never watched adult swim myself

Archived