IGNORED

tool 2010

Guest tht tne

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

I never went and saw them on that tour b/c the people that i knew that saw them, and the bootlegs I saw on youtube, it just seemed like he was not trying hard at all and it was old hat.

You are right to some extent; I saw them five times on the 10,000 Days tour and Maynard only sang that "vicariously IIIIIIIII live while the whole world dies" at one show!! I guess he just didn't feel like caning his throat at the other four...

The jams they did between songs were amazing though, and Wings/Days live was a hell of a moment to witness

Yeah I saw them do that in 2002. It was right at the end of the show before they played Lateralus. MJK had a much longer spiel at our show, said something similar to his rant before Pushit on Salival, "we want you to be comfortable and to close your eyes and allow yourself to go somewhere vulnerable".

The info I posted was from a giant interview with MJK from just after 10,000 Days came out. They collected that with a bunch of inteviews from the same era in one big issue of Revolver I think it was, either way the whole magazine was Tool only

Another interesting tidbit from those interviews was Adam saying how sacred Wings/Days was to them and they were worried that Maynard wouldn't come up with something good enough for it. They were all very relieved when he sang them what he'd written for it because they felt it fit perfectly.

yea, i have that magazine. i haven't looked at it in awhile though but i guess it makes sense. i could see it being a major pain in the ass though say, if those three were jamming for months working things out and then maynard walks in and wants to immediately start arranging and rearranging things. but if he isn't playing an instrument, how else is he supposed to contribute aside from arrangements and vocals/lyrics? seems like a double edged sword.

edit: seems last night they pulled out intension and right in two.

and it was the chupacabra that I drank.....so

not a huge wine connoisseur and I like Pinot Noir a lot....so

Tool's next record will be better than the chupacabra :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Greg Reason

edit: seems last night they pulled out intension and right in two.

I'm getting pretty damn excited to see them again!! The setlist has a few surprises as it is so throwing those two into the bargain makes it an even better deal!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

can I just say I want to jam out with my clam out till the break of dawn with Danny Carey? just one epic jam? should I make sure I get cancer and somehow get into the make a wish foundation? I still could probably pass for a 15 year old

danncareyset.jpg

dannycareycymbal.jpg

so i pretty much dont remember anything from the show. i remember the first song and i was like omg, i am watching tool, and the moon is red. (it was). and that was awesome. but that's all i remember. :crazy:

Guest Greg Reason

When are you going?

No dates lined up, I'm just counting on them coming back down to Australia soon. They've managed to make it down here on every album, even twice on some records so they shouldn't be far away now that the live wheels have started turning again :rdjgrin:

When are you going?

No dates lined up, I'm just counting on them coming back down to Australia soon. They've managed to make it down here on every album, even twice on some records so they shouldn't be far away now that the live wheels have started turning again :rdjgrin:

oh ha! i hope so. maybe by next year? id be shocked if their new album is out this year. hopefully early 2011 and then a world tour?

WHERE IS THE FUCKING UK DATES

they are not even hitting the east coast of the US. im not sure why this mini tour is even happening.

they are not even hitting the east coast of the US. im not sure why this mini tour is even happening.

someone on the band has an expensive crack habit

Guest Greg Reason

Probably warming up for a proper tour soon and also probably to put some more in the bank. We all know MJK loves his $$$$$$$ and I'm sure the others don't mind.

SIM SALA BIM BAM BA SALA DO SALA DIM

FRED YOUR AVATAR IS FREEKIN ME BRAH

*puts smirnoff in the mail*

can I just say I want to jam out with my clam out till the break of dawn with Danny Carey? just one epic jam? should I make sure I get cancer and somehow get into the make a wish foundation? I still could probably pass for a 15 year old

danncareyset.jpg

dannycareycymbal.jpg

yes, i love tool but danny is by far the star of the band. The only thing that made the last show a bit crap was that I had a hard time seeing danny during the majoirty of the show.

btu i SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO called the gong though. I was proud of myself. I leaned over to the nice person nice to me and was liek "HERE COMES THE GONG!" then it came and I was like "GONNNNNG!"

LooT

I would pay good money to see them play Jimmy and Jerk Off live.

that is all

Did you listen to that jerk off I uploaded? It's a great jerk off. One of the best jerk offs. They extend the jerk off. A lot of times you just want the jerk off to end but they manage to pull off an extended jerk off. it's a long jerk off. its hard not to enjoy any jerk off but a long jerk off is sometimes better with Danny leading the lcharge on a longer jerk off.

I would pay good money to see them play Jimmy and Jerk Off live.

that is all

Did you listen to that jerk off I uploaded? It's a great jerk off. One of the best jerk offs. They extend the jerk off. A lot of times you just want the jerk off to end but they manage to pull off an extended jerk off. it's a long jerk off. its hard not to enjoy any jerk off but a long jerk off is sometimes better with Danny leading the lcharge on a longer jerk off.

indeed

My brother and I took shrooms for that show. I don't think I need to watch them again. 5 times is enough.

But if I ever hear they play Push It live...well.

• 6 months later...
Guest Greg Reason

My fucking God, that new show of theirs is mindblowing

Saw them at Big Day Out Gold Coast last night, tonight I see them at Brisbane Entertainment Centre....

They fucking started with Third Eye! This was the dickhead-proof setlist, and a lot of people walked away pretty quick. The complete opposite vibe to the real greatest-hits style set they did last time they headlined BDO.

They seemed a little worn out and weren't quite as sharp and tight as usual but after a few songs they really hit their stride with The Patient. That was absolutely monstrous, and then Flood was awesome, they absolutely nailed it. The rest of the set was glorious...

And they have a new thing going during the first half of Lateralus, an immense sub synth that almost drowns out the music. It's just this massive subby drone that vibrates every part of your body, the drums were almost distorting just trying to cut through the drone. It's an interesting feeling, that's for sure. The jam they did in that song was well wicked also, I sort of drifted away there and don't really know how long they were jamming for

Third Eye

Jambi

Vicarious

Eon Blue Apocalypse

The Patient

Flood

Schism (with jam)

Lateralus (with jam)

Aenima

Stinkfist

edit: ok I think this setlist is correct

Guest Greg Reason

Third Eye

Jambi

Vicarious

Intension

Right in Two

You Lied

Schism (with jam)

Lateralus (with huge jam)

Danny Carey laptop section with massive drone

Aenima

Stinkfist (long version)

Fucking incredible, they were in finer form tonight than last and the whole thing was phenomenal. They were on it from start to finish, and it was a really surprising and mellow set for the most part. You Lied was a definite surprise; I think this is the first time they've played that since 1997...

Danny's laptop part was a definite highlight, some real solid dark ambient/synth drone stuff. And the jam in Lateralus was absolutely incredible.

Archived