IGNORED

How To Destroy Angels

oscillik

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone more knowing please explain what exactly she's doing in the clip. Pulling on some rubber strand to mangle the sound? What synth is that?? :blink:

according to someone on reddit, it is this

img_swarmatron.jpg

Swarmatron

Edited by oscillik

I wish i was rich. Such nice toys. I love how the notes are drawn out on the ribbon for her. How sweet of Trent. :trashbear:

Fuck Trent tho. His wife isn't all that attractive either from what i remember. Too "stereotypical hot" hot. Boring. Just like him.

Guest Z_B_Z

ok so i watched that 40 second clip and i liked what i heard. now if reznor can keep his mouth shut theres a chance i might actually like this.

ok so i watched that 40 second clip and i liked what i heard. now if reznor can keep his mouth shut theres a chance i might actually like this.

i dunno. everything since Year Zero has a samey sound to the production...as if he's using the same preset in Isotope's Ozone or something :trashbear:

getting kinda bored of it to be honest.

named after a coil release, how original.

lol wtf is reznor thinking, this better be a Coil tribute or at least a ritualistic piece of music designed to channel male sexual energy (sorry ZBZ didn't see you just beat me t the punch haha)

Edited by Awepittance

Guest Lube Saibot

Someone more knowing please explain what exactly she's doing in the clip. Pulling on some rubber strand to mangle the sound? What synth is that?? :blink:

according to someone on reddit, it is this

img_swarmatron.jpg

Swarmatron

Yup, that's the one. OMG can normal non-famous folk even BUY this?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

lol what the fuck is that thing? someone made a synth out of a bird house?

lollol sounded like a cracked out bird house as well

Guest Greg Reason

I wish i was rich. Such nice toys. I love how the notes are drawn out on the ribbon for her. How sweet of Trent. :trashbear:

Fuck Trent tho. His wife isn't all that attractive either from what i remember. Too "stereotypical hot" hot. Boring. Just like him.

Ummm... Maybe if you're into boys....

I just looked her up. I take back the stereotypical part, but still, meh.

Don't get me wrong I still would -

Wtf is wrong with likin dudes? Even if I was gay I'd still have the right to that opinion.

Guest thepilot

Why would he use a name that's been given to another project? He should call it "How To Degrade Coil". Somewhere in the afterlife, John Balance is facepalming.

Guest Greg Reason

I just looked her up. I take back the stereotypical part, but still, meh.

Don't get me wrong I still would -

Wtf is wrong with likin dudes? Even if I was gay I'd still have the right to that opinion.

I'm not disputing the right to be gay. I'm disputing the hetro nature of someone who finds her unattractive :emotawesomepm9:

Haha doesn't matter. I'm into dark women. Whatever floats yer boat :biggrin:

Guest mafted

Why would he use a name that's been given to another project? He should call it "How To Degrade Coil". Somewhere in the afterlife, John Balance is facepalming.

I'm pretty sure he and Cristopherson have been friends a while but it's still weird to see him copy it.

it's not really the first time he's blatantly copied another artist to get ahead (dig it).. and that wasn't even just a copy of the song but an almost identical copy of the video for it.

-Trent, honey i want to name our project "how to destroy angels"

-but sweetie that name was used in another project

-but i want it

-ok

MarriedLOL™

perfect :cisfor:

When you say "another project", do you just mean the Coil album? Or has it been used as a band/side project name by someone else? Just curious.

It's fairly common for musicians to name their bands/projects after song titles from artists they admire. Probably not as common with album titles, as they are more obvious, and I'm guessing that's the problem most of you have.