Guest Greg Reason

not strictly coil, but ivan pavlov released his side of the soisong ep, for those that want to follow the soisong mythos...but at the same time, rip peter and rip jhonn..... a part of coh's 'soisong' ep:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiNr1igqGtE&list=LLGnHhnK1S0u_E8nEeG7TIRg&feature=mh_lolz

Also release some sketches and unfinished tracks that Sleazy supposedly created for Soisong. Including this stunning THBC track that he had premiered earlier at the Equinox festival in London. Warning - the video includes footage of immolation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr99z7OzgDk

Guest primusluta

I've got the cd from ivan and honestly it's too fucking beautiful for me to break the celophane. Beyond that the qr codes on it are supposed to link to some unreleased Sleazy soisong demos but I never was able to get them to work. Anyone else get that?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Going through a post-Johnn Sleazy obsession again at the moment, I'll probably work my way backwards through Coil's catalogue again soon. Coincidentally I did this last November too, and they both died in dates in November - strange. Maybe it's just that time of year where my mood reflects this style of music. Such underrated yet powerful works of art, I honestly don't understand why their works remain relatively obscure; even Coil for all of their influence seem to be very unknown.

Edited by xf

Guest MastaN8

Nice bump. It's sad that we will not get any new material but, I feel as long there are artists doing new things regardless of being judged, the spirit of coil will live on.

Guest titsworth_courier

their back catalog needs to be reissued. i know they benefited in some ways from collector culture while they were alive, but now that they're gone i think their legacy would be stronger if their music reached more people with wider and more regular availability. i can count the number of times i've seen coil in shops on one hand, and each time i bought it because i knew how rare that opportunity was. i get that piracy still makes new fans, but commercial availability of at least the classic releases would get more notice and give more people the chance to experience coil.

their back catalog needs to be reissued. i know they benefited in some ways from collector culture while they were alive, but now that they're gone i think their legacy would be stronger if their music reached more people with wider and more regular availability. i can count the number of times i've seen coil in shops on one hand, and each time i bought it because i knew how rare that opportunity was. i get that piracy still makes new fans, but commercial availability of at least the classic releases would get more notice and give more people the chance to experience coil.

Agreed. There's a lot of their back catalogue that I want but don't want to pay extortionate prices for.

• 2 weeks later...

still seems a little bit gougey to me especially since no member of Coil is alive. It's almost as if they found a way to continue to charge the same collectors prices for Coil releases, which to me doesn't seem very ethical even if they are masquerading it as some sort of Thailand boy charity thing