Guest Greg Reason

Not so much forgetting,,,,,Current 93 are a different kettle of fish

i dont think Tibet (by his own admission) has the widest vocal range & Steven Stapleton/Andrew Liles are the real sonic talents. Tibet is a lot more like a conductor. Dont get me wrong, Maldoror Is Dead (the start especially) is 1 of my favourite tracks and the recent Nick Cave/Shake the Shadow tune was 1 of the best things C93 have put out.

Overall though & to appropriate a sporting analogy, not many C93 tracks would replace or get into the Coil starting line-up

• 2 weeks later...

is the tracklist for the original Backwards any different than what's coming out on Cold SPring?

jon whitney is probably shitting another brick over this. He tried to drag Hyde through the mud on facebook about him selling a CDR of balance vocal tracks on ebay a couple months ago

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i tried getting a straight answer from that bloke a few years ago about ordering specific records. In the the end i gave up (bought through Gemm & Discogs instead), due to much more detailed info

he was like a condensed version of every record shop asshole you could ever hope to meet, which takes some skill via written email

(Black Sun logo t-shirt ordered)

i think he suffers from a bit of 'ultimate fan boy syndrome'. Where he was very astute and ahead of the curve with Brainwashed very early on, offering to basically make 'official' fan pages for relatively obscure experimental bands. Somewhere along the line he let the position get to his head (probably some time right before Sasha Grey started saying she loved Coil) and he just became this like weird internet authority about Coil who somehow got Peter christopherson to like him (which is kind of ridiculous) and then sign over all the rights to all Coil music to him

the only other person i can compare him to is Joyrex, and by comparison he makes Joyrex looks like the ultimate badass
i love coil and richard dj james, but for my money RDJ chose the right horse (joyrex) hand over fist

Edited by John Ehrlichman

ah that explains it,,,,, human vanity worm in full effect

as a museum boffin who deals with archives.......you could put such a detailed exhibition together; the music, rare album art pieces, ephemera, sigils, PC's art & Hipgnosos photo prints, poetry, live sets/archives/photos, books and texts they drew inspiration from, the list goes on,,,,,,,,

instead we have an asshole who's too cool for school..... its not a perfect world, but at least theres the music

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what's this horse shit? "partially unofficial" is this Danny Hyde's doing?

http://www.discogs.com/ELpH-vs-Coil-Worship-The-Glitch/release/7185261

i would bet it's 100% unofficial - just a nice-looking bootleg. prob just recorded the cd to cassette - a bit pointless as anyone with a tape deck can do the same.

i suppose drew mcdowall could have authorized this or be getting royalties from it as the only surviving member but i really doubt it.

john's ex-partner died this year as well. tps is def. selling off a lot of personal possessions of theirs, but wouldn't have any right to authorize a release he wasn't involved in. agree that hyde/mcdowell are prob not authorizing these releases - just straight up bootleg imo.

Yeah thought so. Who else ordered the Backwards release coming out? I hope I actually get the CD I paid for.

I ordered a CD. they supposed to ship out in early october I believe.

I live in the states though so I have no idea how long it'll take to get here

• 2 weeks later...

Yo, so you guys there's going to be more "new" Coil soon. Some things that I've never heard of that I assume until the near future have been unreleased, and some reissues with demos that the most hardcore fans might have heard already.

https://www.facebook.com/soleilmoonrecordings/photos/a.74972432260.86149.64672972260/10153438624737261/?type=3&permPage=1

https://www.soleilmoon.com/shop/?filter_label=344

Without Balance and Sleaz, there is no official Coil release nor will there ever be again. Nothing that bears the word "Coil" is authorized, official, or sanctioned by Coil as Coil has ceased to exist.

Nice that they included this in their post. Who is making money from this? The family/estate or is it a non-profit kind of project? And how is Coil even involved with Soleilmoon? All I could find was this, a cassette that just appears to be a renamed version of Themes for Hellraiser.

http://www.discogs.com/Coil-The-Consequences-Of-Raising-Hell/release/205106

Edited by Vilwx