Guest Greg Reason

they do have a ton of records but there's an insane amount of quality shit. i was recently listening to Black Light District and the whole time i was like "how is this possibly from 1996 this sounds like it hasn't even come out yet it's so fucking future." incredible album

• Like 4

Maybe listen to them backwards chronologically ◀️

Fun question - an old TOPY head thinks everything after Scatology & Horse Rotorvator is ridiculous. Yeah fuck him. A conventional way might be to try HTDA then LSD until you reach saturation & then plough thru 90’s projects. You’ll hear the evolution with BLD & ELpH, the influence of folks like TSP audibly clear too. If your ears are familiar with being wormed, be prepared.

Live gigs - Megalithamania, Barca/Sonar, Moscow, Paris, Camber-Sands & Dublin are wicked & represent some sumptuous aud + the Live series. Colour, Sound, Oblivion box set has chunks on archive (free dload) & elsewhere, graphics are mint. You could add loads more. Every freak has their favourites & daft to list everything in one post.

When yer done with these, try Scatology & HR. Fairlight heavy at times, not my pers favourites but still dust off a few times each year.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2020 at 3:20 AM, d-a-m-o said:

need you help watmmers, what are the best releases to get into coil ? Listened to stuff here and there but the discography is pretty vast...

If you really wanna go down the Coil rabbit hole and see how weird things can get then crank Constant Shallowness Leads To Evil on loop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am into their music in a big way too. Actually posting this while wearing my Cyclobe shirt ? They had a new album in the works for a few years now, wonder if it will ever materialise. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kichiguy said:

I am into their music in a big way too. Actually posting this while wearing my Cyclobe shirt ? They had a new album in the works for a few years now, wonder if it will ever materialise. 

On 3/25/2020 at 2:05 PM, d-a-m-o said:

also, stupid question, but where to buy ? I found repress of worship the glitch and black light district but what about LSD ?

If you are looking to buy things in print, I'd recommend "Backwards" and "the Ape of Naples" if they are still in print.  Also "Time Machines" is an excellent drone album.  "Stolen And Contaminated" is a good comp of out-takes and things, but also worth owning in my opinion.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

one time I played the time machines cd on repeat for an entire day and night and just went about my day, even leaving and coming back in and stuff. It was, well it was weird. But really cool

• Like 3

No worries. ISO-skive is good for the odd bit of non-work refreshing *wink. Rediscovered in a Hawthonn interview with Phil Legard. Cheers for dropping those Unica Z tracks in too. Brilliant extension of styles, I don’t like every track, but when they nail it, ooooooph. Don’t see enough of them on here tbh.

Anyway, shows that the writing sources could use a hub of sorts. Musicology, whatever you wanna label it,  just lob it in here if it’s Coil related folks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

No worries. ISO-skive is good for the odd bit of non-work refreshing *wink. Rediscovered in a Hawthonn interview with Phil Legard. Cheers for dropping those Unica Z tracks in too. Brilliant extension of styles, I don’t like every track, but when they nail it, ooooooph. Don’t see enough of them on here tbh.

Anyway, shows that the writing sources could use a hub of sorts. Musicology, whatever you wanna label it,  just lob it in here if it’s Coil related folks.

Hawthonn is good!  I don't remember if I mentioned them here, but I recently discovered them.  I also like their side projects on their bandcamp.  Recently picked up a lathe from them.  

• Like 1