Guest Greg Reason

i prordered the wax trax single red vinyl and im happy with that. i dont need to spend $$$ on this and also kinda tired of albums spread across 2+ records for no reason. as much as i enjoy flipping vinyl, its nice to listen to half an album per side.

also, this competing anniversary edition business is getting out of hand. was bad with global communication (bought both oy) but not going to bite with this one.

that being said those picture discs are pretty hot.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Ugh. Why do they release this shit after I bought the wax trax 2x gold LP :facepalm:

I am trying so hard to be happy with my original CD pressing!   It is hard!!!   I love the art...  but times are tight...  

I also have that $70 poster in storage, still in plastic.   I think I bought it for $50 some years ago.  

Edited by no part of it
  • Burger 1

I’ve recently (thanks to this thread and it’s users) been trying to dive into the world of coil and I just have to say the black light district album is just amazing. If I was blown away by that, where else can I go? 

• Like 1

damn that picture disc IS sexy. the price tag, not so much. sigh

3 hours ago, Upset man said:

I’ve recently (thanks to this thread and it’s users) been trying to dive into the world of coil and I just have to say the black light district album is just amazing. If I was blown away by that, where else can I go? 

Try the Solstice EPs, and then maybe Elph and Time Machines work. 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2021 at 5:19 AM, kichiguy said:

Try the Solstice EPs, and then maybe Elph and Time Machines work. 

I'd really like to see a reissue of the Solstice EPs, great collection of tracks. 

On 3/10/2021 at 1:44 AM, Upset man said:

I'd say The Remote Viewer and Astral Disaster would also be worth checking out, along with the above, if you haven't listened to them yet. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Splurged for the LSD triple picture disc LP. It’s not audiophile quality, but my Coil vinyl collection is mostly mint display copies. $90, not cheap but worth it IMO.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:14 AM, Upset man said:

Appreciate it! Their catalogue is quite varied and vast and I appreciate having some recommendations for starting points!

My favorites:

Scatology

Horse Rotorvator

Musick To Play In The Dark 1 & 2

Time Machines (excellent drone, if you're into that)

The Ape of Naples

Love's Secret Domain is an essential too.

• Like 2

I grabbed the 2xCD compilation on my recent Cold Spring order, Guide for Beginners / Finishers.  I thought / hoped it may have come with some liner notes or explanation, but there is nothing other than the tracklisting. 

https://coldspring.co.uk/discography/csr288cd

It is indeed a very varied listen! I have very little experience with the Coil back catalogue.  

Edited by Soloman Tump
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 5:14 PM, Upset man said:

Appreciate it! Their catalogue is quite varied and vast and I appreciate having some recommendations for starting points!

sth of an overlooked album, but BLACK ANTLERS is one of my favourites and makes for a good introduction to late period coil

also,

On 3/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Splurged for the LSD triple picture disc LP. It’s not audiophile quality, but my Coil vinyl collection is mostly mint display copies. $90, not cheap but worth it IMO.

i see the appeal, but as my government didn't give out any stimulus checks i wish they'd just release a normal, good quality vinyl re-issue with no extras and affordable pricing alongside the collector's edition...

• Like 1

Went on a binge and got lsd, stolen, musick, black light district, and time machines for starters

Edited by Upset man
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For someone who loves lsd, black light and time machines and listens to bits of Musik to play, what should I check out next. I've been enjoying LSD a lot and like that more uptempo techno vibe to Ape of Naples style stuff which although great isn't as much fun of a listen or something...

Cheers me dears

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

On 1/22/2021 at 11:17 AM, kichiguy said:

There will be a Soisong broadcast at Station Essence today, Friday 22 Jan at 20:21 pm CET. I won't be able to tune into the transmission myself but hope someone might record for posterity. 

image.png

So Ivan has kindly made this broadcast available for free on Bandcamp. I can recognise familiar melodic motifs from Soisong jams of yore, as well as some class selections from Datacide, Jon Hassell, etc. So damn good. 

https://coh-official.bandcamp.com/track/soisong-broadcast-1

• Like 2

On 4/22/2021 at 7:14 AM, natios said:

Those soisong broadcasts are the best thing this year, Ivan is the only person who can cast the same magick as coil i find

Not heard #2 yet but the first might be my favourite release so far of 2021, it reminds me a lot of FSOL's The Electric Brain Storm mixes

• Like 1

For those like me still waffling about the various LSD remasters — I realized today that Wax Trax’s remaster is on Bandcamp, quite affordable, and not only that, you get 24bit/96kHz files:

https://coil-lsd-waxtrax.bandcamp.com

I actually haven’t listened yet, but I assume the remaster is good? Anyway, might be worth snagging, definitely wasn’t expecting to be able to get hi-res files for cheap on this one

4 hours ago, ascdi said:

For those like me still waffling about the various LSD remasters — I realized today that Wax Trax’s remaster is on Bandcamp, quite affordable, and not only that, you get 24bit/96kHz files:

https://coil-lsd-waxtrax.bandcamp.com

I actually haven’t listened yet, but I assume the remaster is good? Anyway, might be worth snagging, definitely wasn’t expecting to be able to get hi-res files for cheap on this one

This was what I was afraid of, 3 different competing versions of the same product released almost simultaneously.

http://waxtraxchicago.bigcartel.com/products/

1E8E1944-046A-414C-AF79-224F3D198056.jpeg

95E04BA7-1330-47C7-A649-6E525162581D.jpeg