IGNORED

Richard D. James Album / Girl/Boy EP

bubbhasdance

Guest Abuse

Yecch, I'm so sick of Milk Man. I also dislike Girl/Boy to some extent. The EP is pretty rubbish except for INKEY$ and Beetles.

RDJ Album is mostly awesome, but it unfortunately also contains Girl/Boy, To Cure a Weakling Child and Logon Cock With. :dry:

Yecch, I'm so sick of Milk Man. I also dislike Girl/Boy to some extent. The EP is pretty rubbish except for INKEY$ and Beetles.

RDJ Album is mostly awesome, but it unfortunately also contains Girl/Boy, To Cure a Weakling Child and Logon Cock With. :dry:

oh noh u dinn't

Guest Masonic Boom

oh noh u dinn't

Yeah, see, I don't get the Girl/Boy hate at all.

It's like hating on, like... ice cream or something.

"Oh no, Mr. D.James I reject your nasty horrible ice cream, take it away, it is too sweet and delicious."

Guest Masonic Boom

Hrrrrmmmm. In most cases, I'd say "well, that's why there's chocolate and vanilla" but I think in this case, it's a question of what, exactly about a certain genre appeals to a fan.

I mean, I'm not going to get into hairsplitting. If Mr D.James says it's Acid, then fine, it's Acid. He's the expert, not me.

However, the thing is, for me (given my musical taste history, that I came to this kind of music through drone) the elements of repetitiveness, of meditativeness, of that kind of psychedelic-other-place effect are - for me - more important in my enjoyment of Acid than the mere presence or non-presence of a 303. That yeah, it's about those 303 whoops, but it's also about a certain quality, a certain psychedelic shimmer, which I find missing in Cornish Acid. And therefore, that's my least favourite song on an otherwise completely PERFECT album.

But hey, almost all of my "favourite albums*" have that one cringe-inducing skip track. Like it requires a slight imperfection to move a human being from being merely "pretty" to "absolutely beautiful."

*and that's the thing - this isn't even my fave Aphex album, that would still be SAW85-92

Guest Masonic Boom

Yeah, like I said, chocolate/vanilla.

I guess it wouldn't be out of place on the ICBYD album. But that's probably my least favourite RDJ full-length. Possibly. Need to think about that.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

yellow calx is among my favorite tracks of all time. the breakdown at 2:40 is unbelievable. One of the main reasons i think its so good is the fact that the more chaotic bubbly sequence previous to it lasts longer than you'd intuitively expect in order to facilitate and emphasize the breakdown at 2:40. It's like running around in a maze and then finally making it out and into the open.

I like Logan Rock Witch. It's sort of out of character for RDJ, but it gives me nostalgia for my days in the homemade instrument/found sound community. It's got that feel to it.

Guest Calx Sherbet

whats with all the hate on yellow calx

that song is great

and logon rock witch wtf u serious? worse song ever

Fuck You and Your opinions

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• 12 years later...