IGNORED

Actress - Splazsh

Redruth

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blakeboogie

one of the hottest albums out right now.

Totally agree, like a few others on here I'd never heard of him before, but took a punt as Honest Jons have been putting out some quality LPs of late. This is the electronic release of the year for me, and I've bought most of the big hitters in 2010. Also had a listen to Hazyville and while not quite as polished or thought out as Splazsh there are some great moments like 'Again The Addiction' and 'Redit 124'.

Can't wait to hear what he does next.

Edited by blakeboogie

Guest blakeboogie

It's really good. Hubble is amazing.

Absolutely love Hubble, but Maze just about tops it for me. Reminds me of 80s videogames.

one of the hottest albums out right now.

This is the electronic release of the year for me, and I've bought most of the big hitters in 2010.

This 100%. It really says something when this guy, seemingly unknown to most of the music world, beats out Autechre, Flying Lotus, Mount Kimbie, and any other electronic act with one blow. Electronic album of 2010 so far.

Guest blakeboogie

This 100%. It really says something when this guy, seemingly unknown to most of the music world, beats out Autechre, Flying Lotus, Mount Kimbie, and any other electronic act with one blow. Electronic album of 2010 so far.

I agree. The Flying Lotus, Autechre and Mount Kimbie albums are all great releases but this blows them away IMO. Really getting into some more tracks on Hazyville now but Splazsh is something very special.

Going to have see him now when he plays London in September, Bola's on the bill as well should be a good night.

14tracks this week is actress - remixes and shit. bought but not listened yet.

http://14tracks.com/

Cheers for the heads-up. Downloading now.

Guest blakeboogie

onethirtybpm.com review

I have immersed myself in the murky depths of this record and, for a few heady days, played nothing but Splazsh, yet the love affair shows no signs of abating. If anything, I miss it when it’s not playing, and sometimes I imagine I hear these tracks bleeding through when I’m listening to something else. When an album comes along that is this great and can devour an entire day’s listening, there is the urge to proselytise, to shout it from the rooftops and demand that people flock to it and prostrate themselves before it. But it’s not really that sort of experience. You need to walk with it, to live with it, to let it soak into your mind so it soundtracks your dreams.

• 7 months later...
Guest blakeboogie

Still playing it. Great album, one of the finest English Techno records, from someone who usually looks to Detroit/Berlin for my Techno fix.

Guest IDMDGAF

you should check out his latest singe: Harrier ATTK/Gershwin, but as for similar outfits, i can't really think of anything as good as this.

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've given this a few listens and I find it doesn't really do anything for me until halfway through. If people didn't keep going on about how amazing it was I would have given up on it

I keep listening to this. Not because I like it, but because I'm trying to figure out why everyone else likes it so much. This also happened to me with The Field.

Guest Synthacat 9

I keep listening to this. Not because I like it, but because I'm trying to figure out why everyone else likes it so much. This also happened to me with The Field.

what did you think of hazyville?

oh and, the field - everyday

if that doesn't clear things up for you idk what will

• 2 weeks later...
Guest viscosity

didn't give this much a chance when I first heard it, but it's grown on me. better then his first album i believe. and excellent running music? atleast that's where I began to appreciate it

it also seems very forward pushing, sounds n all zomg

Edited by viscosity