3. 3. DR [warez demo mix]

4. 4. gang related (live)

5. 5. war on computers

6. 6. bosco suite

7. 7. r2dance

8. 8. Problems [point remix]

9. 9. Overall?

Problems EP Promo m3u

I thought "problems" had a lot going for it, only the main arp. melody's timbre didn't quite right. In fact as I listen to track 2, I feel the same way. There's a general feels to the synthesizers you use that seem very video gamey to me.... However I have liked both of these a lot so far, you definitely know what's going on in this deparment, though there may be a little bit too much arpeggiation for my taste going on so far (in the first 2 tracks)

listening to number 3... again with the arpeggiation. I realize the kind of feel you're trying to get going on with this but it's just way too overdone to make it feel that something's actually moving along. It's all decoration, and it's hard to dig out what the eventual melody is.

gang related: it's live so hard to gauge. That synth sounds way too loud on this version though. war on computers: interesting.

My wife likes this next one so far: Bosco Suite . I like the drums. I think this is my favorite one so far, though the synths are still sounding pretty lo-fi, in a cheap way. I'll give it a 5 anyway.

r2dance made me laugh, in a good way. Though, I don't know that I'd listen to it on a regular basis.

closer: nice remix.

Overall: Lots of good stuff going on in the composition department. I think the mixing could use a lot of work. Usually I liked the structure of the tracks, but I do remember a couple times feeling like you were pulling a jam session with some electronics, which is not quite the same as a jam session with, say, guitars. It just seemed to stagnate every once in a while, is what I'm trying to say.

the snares in A1 - problems were too !!! familiar if you know what i mean
You mean the group !!! or were you giving emphasis on the fact that I use that snare sample a bit.

I thought "problems" had a lot going for it, only the main arp. melody's timbre didn't quite right. In fact as I listen to track 2, I feel the same way. There's a general feels to the synthesizers you use that seem very video gamey to me.... However I have liked both of these a lot so far, you definitely know what's going on in this deparment, though there may be a little bit too much arpeggiation for my taste going on so far (in the first 2 tracks)

listening to number 3... again with the arpeggiation. I realize the kind of feel you're trying to get going on with this but it's just way too overdone to make it feel that something's actually moving along. It's all decoration, and it's hard to dig out what the eventual melody is.

gang related: it's live so hard to gauge. That synth sounds way too loud on this version though. war on computers: interesting.

My wife likes this next one so far: Bosco Suite . I like the drums. I think this is my favorite one so far, though the synths are still sounding pretty lo-fi, in a cheap way. I'll give it a 5 anyway.

r2dance made me laugh, in a good way. Though, I don't know that I'd listen to it on a regular basis.

closer: nice remix.

Overall: Lots of good stuff going on in the composition department. I think the mixing could use a lot of work. Usually I liked the structure of the tracks, but I do remember a couple times feeling like you were pulling a jam session with some electronics, which is not quite the same as a jam session with, say, guitars. It just seemed to stagnate every once in a while, is what I'm trying to say.

What I was going for with the arpeggiations was keeping the energy up while still giving the same chord progression impression. When I come back to it it all does sound very similar.

the pure review aspect of this has stopped my review, sorry.
I'll try and change that.

Thanks for the reviews guys much :wub:

Archived