IGNORED

Inception - Chris Nolan + Leo DiCaprio = best movie of the summer?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Inception was about.......ummmmmmm.................................fucking ninjas and more fucking ninjas fighting it out to protect intellectual property and money while DiCaprio revisits a bland, sexless, Hallmark greeting card family life he lost to this dream-raping profession. It felt like Shutter Island all over again, except a lot of fucking ninjas running around.

You hate, and you hate, and you hate some more, leaving nothing to be remembered. So just give it a rest. There were no ninjas in this film. Ninjas don't use guns. The film Inner Space had the white blood cells attacking Dennis Quaid, this film had men with guns attacking dream invaders. What is so stupid about this concept?

I do agree that this film had similar elements to Shutter Island, with Inception being the much better film. I wonder why DiCaprio chose such films. Haunting lost wife. A man stuck in a world he doesn't want to be in. Makes him more interesting in my mind.

So this being said, I think you are winded on your Nolan hatred and should give it a rest. You are arguing for the sake of argument which is never flattering. You didn't like the film. A lot of us do. Leave it alone. :pedobear:

Guest Mirezzi

Cody, I don't think I'm hating for the sake of hating anymore than you're showing an inability to entertain a critical perspective. I'm just throwing out ideas here, however divergent. I thought Nolan had developed a lot as a filmmaker with The Prestige and, yes, The Dark Knight. I think he took several steps backward in every measure except scale and budget with Inception. The fact that it's a script he's been working on for ten years comes as no surprise to me because it stinks of his Memento-era gimmicky nonsense. His achilles heal, IMO, is far too often looking for excuses to populate the silver screen with guns, car chases, explosions, and clunky plots punctuated with sleights of hand. I imagine him holding meetings with his smartest friends and family to discuss the script for Inception.

71514_video-273200-access-extended-christopher-nolan-talks-the-dark-knight.jpg

"Okay, guys, HIT ME. Expose holes in this dream universe so I can patch them up with my

newest character, Ariadne. Yeah. Anybody want more coffee? Isn't that a cool name? Ariadne.

Hey, what did you all think of Juno? Ariadne. Cool. Yeah. Ellen Page is neat. I think Facebook

kids will like that."

So yeah, if I have a different read of the movie than you, don't take it personally and get all fanboy on me. This thread will turn really boring if all you welcome are people saying "love it!" repeatedly.

Guest blicero

Cody, I don't think I'm hating for the sake of hating anymore than you're showing an inability to entertain a critical perspective. I'm just throwing out ideas here, however divergent. I thought Nolan had developed a lot as a filmmaker with The Prestige and, yes, The Dark Knight. I think he took several steps backward in every measure except scale and budget with Inception. The fact that it's a script he's been working on for ten years comes as no surprise to me because it stinks of his Memento-era gimmicky nonsense. His achilles heal, IMO, is far too often looking for excuses to populate the silver screen with guns, car chases, explosions, and clunky plots punctuated with sleights of hand. I imagine him holding meetings with his smartest friends and family to discuss the script for Inception.

71514_video-273200-access-extended-christopher-nolan-talks-the-dark-knight.jpg

"Okay, guys, HIT ME. Expose holes in this dream universe so I can patch them up with my

newest character, Ariadne. Yeah. Anybody want more coffee? Isn't that a cool name? Ariadne.

Hey, what did you all think of Juno? Ariadne. Cool. Yeah. Ellen Page is neat. I think Facebook

kids will like that."

So yeah, if I have a different read of the movie than you, don't take it personally and get all fanboy on me. This thread will turn really boring if all you welcome are people saying "love it!" repeatedly.

at least your criticism is filled with substance. oh, wait –

Guest Mirezzi

Really, are my criticisms less substantive than the praise being heaped on it? You have found nothing of substance in my posts? Really?

"I liked it because Nolan tried neat things with cameras."

WTFever....twist a fanboy's ear and watch them squeal. Same as it ever was.

Guest blicero

Really, are my criticisms less substantive than the praise being heaped on it? You have found nothing of substance in my posts? Really?

"I liked it because Nolan tried neat things with cameras."

WTFever....twist a fanboy's ear and watch them squeal. Same as it ever was.

i didn't even know who directed it until i saw it. so, a fanboy i am not.

also, i hope you are not suggesting that quote represents my PoV on the film. I'll thank you to not put words in my mouth, lest you'd like me to put my throbbing cock in yours.

Guest Mirezzi

The quote, in essence, belonged to Atop.

However, I cannot believe how precious you fuckers are being about this gd movie. lol.

Anybody who doesn't like it is either A. retarded or B. of no substance.

Please, skewer me with your throbbing cock if it makes you feel better about your beloved Inception you fucking pussy. :spiteful:

Guest blicero

The quote, in essence, belonged to Atop.

However, I cannot believe how precious you fuckers are being about this gd movie. lol.

Anybody who doesn't like it is either A. retarded or B. of no substance.

Please, skewer me with your throbbing cock if it makes you feel better about your beloved Inception you fucking pussy. :spiteful:

nolan = hitler

i want your pube mound.

Ben: Alright, you got me there....not gonna see that one

But I am not loving Inception for the neat camera tricks....

I love the sets, the music, the shots, the story....

and I am also not just picking a fight with you because you dislike something I really like, I just find your arguments petty and ungrounded.....seems to me you are hating the hype, which I can understand but this film is an exception in my mind...

I think it is a lot better than Dark Knight or any his other films except The Prestige, which I love as well....

I definitely don't think the writing of this film was as trite as you made it out to be...there were no facebook or focus group references, perhaps to friends in the film business whom he trusts opinions from, but none of that banal shit you made up, funny as it is...that didn't happen

and perhaps...

just a bit....

there is some jealousy going on....?

and you know I think you are good at this medium as well, so I am waiting for the day when I can say, "I kind of know this guy and isn't this film amazing?!?"

This is the first thread where the Overlook and I can agree 100%... (im repeating myself, I know) aside from the concept, this movie was mostly lackluster/disappointing. The plot carried little emotion, the action was boring for the most part (also because I didn't care for any of the characters), and its biggest mistake is it took itself waay too seriously for an action/science fiction film. I didn't get any sense of charm or personality from the characters... actually I will say I probably cared more for the asian billionare just cause he seemed the most real. Everyone else seemed dazed and broken. The music was good and so was the cinematography, but it all seems very forgetful.

It isn't karma and your beloved Avatar pales in comparison.....

sure the effects were pretty in Avatar but story wise, it holds no candle...

I think you need to see it again...

films like Juno and Whip It caused her to be looked upon as this smart ass little girl-woman whom probably can only play this type of role...

Inception and her SNL episode changed that vision of her for me...

She is a fine actress...

sexy little thing....

I want to pube her mound!!!

It isn't karma and your beloved Avatar pales in comparison.....

sure the effects were pretty in Avatar but story wise, it holds no candle...

I think you need to see it again...

Avatar is pure cheese/entertainment... Inception is trying to be something beyond a blockbuster but fails. I laugh at people who take my appreciation for Avatar so seriously they think I would classify it as a fine piece of art or something

OK OK...all kidding aside karma

This film is idm as fuck!

and you not liking it makes me worried for your sanity as an idm aficionado....

the soundtrack alone!

fuck man!

this is the next best score to Vagelis' Blade Runner!

AHHHHHH!

I AM YELLING AT YOU!

:wtf:

Ok, ok, the score isn't that good. It's wonderful for Zimmer , but it's not that good.

lol, 'vagelis.' That needs to be a grindcore band now.

I don't see why everyone is so hung up on the lack of bizzaro dream stuff.

it's not a lucid dream... it's a carefully crafted world in the architects mind. it's not just going into the dream of the victim... it's bringing the victim into a constructed world in someone ELSEs head... or at the very least, it's in the victims head, but the entire reality of it is constructed by someone else. So the entire dream is a construction of a different person.... and like they said in the movie, when the mind notices thoughts that arent theirs, it freaks out... so the best thing to do, is make the dream world as run as the mill as possible.... so no person would ever have something stick out as wrong. we get the crazy effects to show it all works the the n00b, but as far as the mission goes, it wouldnt be good.

and if anyone ever compares Zimmer to Vangelis again, I'll cut them.

and if anyone ever compares Zimmer to Vangelis again, I'll cut them.

i'm gonna have to agree here. i liked the movie and the music, but comparing it to bladerunner...ACK

Archived