IGNORED

Scintilli

Guest sirch

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a rumour that Plaid are no longer singed to Warp - can anyone claify this and who their source is concerning this information? Correct me if I'm wrong but it does not seem that Warp have been promoting Plaid's recent gigs in newsletters which I find strange as surely it would be in their interest to do this so that possible music sales of the band go up as new people see the band live.

I think someone mentioned Ed or Andy said they were no longer with Warp, can't remember who or when though. It does seem a bit odd though, no promotion for their more recent shows while Plaid played a decent part in the Warp20 shows last year. And they're still listed with all the regular Warp artists on the site. But then again, so are Aphex Twin and LFO.

Guest sirch

I heard a rumour that Plaid are no longer singed to Warp - can anyone claify this and who their source is concerning this information? Correct me if I'm wrong but it does not seem that Warp have been promoting Plaid's recent gigs in newsletters which I find strange as surely it would be in their interest to do this so that possible music sales of the band go up as new people see the band live.

i heard Andy say it in an interview that was recorded whilst he was DJ'ing in Australia, in 2008, i think.. if my memory serves me right.

i think it's just, or was, simply a case of their contract having been fullfilled? or expiring.... like, when you sign you sign either for 1 release or for a bunch, like say, 3 albums, for example, like tBd originally signed with Warp for. but there's no reason and nothing really concrete to suggest that Plaid won't be re-signed, or indeed haven't been already, or that Scintilli will not be coming out on Warp. yet. :)

if you maybe google, say: Andy Turner Plaid interview Australia 2008, you might find the interview i'm refering to........ hopefully.

Guest sirch

hopefully we'll get the new album and soundtrack together in the same year.. what year i'm not sure :)

the soundtrack?? do you mean that Hope soundtrack mate??

Guest sirch

...Plaid played a decent part in the Warp20 shows last year.

Not to mention the two new tracks featured on the Warp20 box set from just last year.

Ah, Yes, Yes! Of course!! haha, derrrrr, i forgot about this!

they've obviously been re-signed then for some stuffs, and hopefully for Scintilli, too.

hopefully we'll get the new album and soundtrack together in the same year.. what year i'm not sure :)

the soundtrack?? do you mean that Hope soundtrack mate??

yeah, the Hope soundtrack. just been reading the Plaid website, it says, "It's on-air premiere in September was via Japanese broadcaster Wowow". so, 'Hope' has been made public for 9 months. i only assumed there might be a full release and with it being only a short film anyway, these six tracks must be all thats going to be available.. just guessing really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdY5jpC-r6U

Just seen that Warp's Facebook page is plugging Plaid's dates with the SBGP, and also their September tour dates are up on the Warp site. Can't remember seeing them before.

Guest ruiagnelo

Just seen that Warp's Facebook page is plugging Plaid's dates with the SBGP, and also their September tour dates are up on the Warp site. Can't remember seeing them before.

There's got to be a reason behind that little change. Scintilli is coming..

Also i hope recordings start surfacing after the shows.

Guest Joebot Kill

most likely, as some have suggested, the delays of plaid and boc pertain to warp waiting for "the right time." i've heard rumors that the new boc is actually finished as well. warps just waiting on it. something tells me that they wanted "move of ten" to come out relatively soon after oversteps. it is the follow-up EP after all! after that, it doesnt really seem like there's much on the horizon. now that cosmogramma is out of the way, warps gonna be announcing their next huge album soon. i can feel it. if it were up to me, id take BoC during the summer and Plaid during the autumn/winter.

Guest ruiagnelo

if it were up to me, id take BoC during the summer and Plaid during the autumn/winter.

Even though I'm more anxious for Plaid, I can see this being a good fit.

Lets hope that this is what actually is going to happen.

if it were up to me, id take BoC during the summer and Plaid during the autumn/winter.

Let's hope they both come out this summer.

Guest Joebot Kill

Let's hope they both come out this summer.

lets hope either of them come out this year at all.

Guest sirch

nah, i think Plaid are way more 'summery' than BoC. BoC are more of a winter band, to me.

their sound is deffo more bleak and winter than summer. Plaid are bouncier and their music's much more light

(even though it's much more intricate) and more happy overall i reckon. which would fit with summertime better than the Boards, imo.

Guest sirch

and you guys have probably seen this now. but just for piece of mind.

http://warp.net/records/events/plaid

also, pivot.. ahem PVT has an album out in august. but there is nothing slated for july... i wonder why?

their live dates have always been on Warps' site, tho.. they weren't just added recently. i posted about this before.

also, if Scintilli were to be released in July then Warp would be promoting it already.

they usually promote something for at least 2 months before actually releasing it. and seeing as Scintilli is such a big deal,

i would think they'd start promoting it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in advance! the same goes for anything by BoC i would think.

nah, i think Plaid are way more 'summery' than BoC. BoC are more of a winter band, to me.

their sound is deffo more bleak and winter than summer. Plaid are bouncier and their music's much more light

(even though it's much more intricate) and more happy overall i reckon. which would fit with summertime better than the Boards, imo.

Totally agree with you.. Plaid have much more of a "summery" sound.. can't beat BoC in spring or autumn.

Guest sirch

can't beat BoC in spring or autumn.

or around Jan/Feb time, when it's snowing :)

but Autumn aswell, definitely.... like on Bonfire night.

Archived