IGNORED

Orbus Terrarum

dr lopez

Guest margaret thatcher

alright lads, i've been busy with work, uploading the bloody demos now.

I've never really got Pomme Fritz, I know it got slated on release and I can kinda see why as it seems to meander all over the shop from start to end. Although I do enjoy the stupidity of the last track....

Pomme Fritz is highly underrated imo. It's a full on EP though, with the first track getting you started bang, the next two tracks being the mindfuck parts and then "Bang'er'N Chips" and "Alles Ist Schoen" chilling you out. Just when you think you're safe - "His Immortal Logness" fucks you up all over again.

my first listen to this album right now. i'm on plateau, it's very good. this reminds me of fsol, i suppose it came out around the same time though huh?

Guest margaret thatcher

yeah everyone seems to love orbus terrarum, which is fair enough because it's fantastic. it's probably my favourite orb release too.

though all the tracks are good, I love that bit in Montagne D'or (Der Gute Berg) where the drums finally come in towards the end. absolutely amazing.

drums by big paul ferguson from killing joke, if i remember correctly.

I think Valley and Plateau are completely different to the rest of the album... those are the main sorta ambient tracks, then the rest is sort of weird psychedelic...

Thanks Margret Thatcher, downloading now.

Also, Pomme Fritz is good when you're in the mood for it. Which isn't often but if you feel like having your brain implode and then rested on a lovely cloud of marshmellow it's perfect.

God, that 40 minute Blue Room is marvellous. Why weren't more singles like that? FSOL did a bunch and Orbital's The Box single was good too. Fuck remixes and b-sides, I want long morphing 40 minute soundscapes for singles.

God, that 40 minute Blue Room is marvellous. Why weren't more singles like that?

Hey man, I remember having this conversation with you a while back trying to convince you that it wasn't shit, glad you've come the right side of thinking again :beer:

Guest margaret thatcher

lx and thrash 'fell asleep' in the studio while jah wobble was laying down the basslines for blue room. how they ever got anything done, i have no idea.

Guest Hanratty

i remember back in the day Orbus Terrarum went very very well with an intense mushroom trip.

Guest Greg Reason

Yeah I do think this is the best Orb album. Fucking wonderful heady trip of a record.

this was my first orb album and it's still my favorite, quite a nice surprise to buy it blindly based on the cover

This is basically my story too. I found a used copy of this version in a local CD shop back in 2000 or so, and bought it just because of the rad artwork. Upon going home, smoking up and pressing play, my mind couldn't handle it. To this day I still hear new things in the mix!

God, that 40 minute Blue Room is marvellous. Why weren't more singles like that?

Hey man, I remember having this conversation with you a while back trying to convince you that it wasn't shit, glad you've come the right side of thinking again :beer:

I don't remember this.

(This doesn't surprise me)

• 1 month later...

Had to bump this just to say I finally nabbed this on double vinyl with the super cool map and all that. So stoked.

Oh and MARGE - Those Trekroner sets have been in HEAVY ROTATION ever since you made me aware of em. It's been a deep Orb summer...

I loled with joy when I found out the record store I work at has 7 copies of orbus terrarum in the backstock (which is a lot for an electronic-music-deficit city).

Mellow, I'm really jealous. How much was it?

I loled with joy when I found out the record store I work at has 7 copies of orbus terrarum in the backstock (which is a lot for an electronic-music-deficit city).

Mellow, I'm really jealous. How much was it?

Heh, just $25. Some light scuffing on the sleeve but the vinyl itself is MINT.

Guest margaret thatcher

yeah, the vinyl version of orbus terrarum is wonderful. great for a sunday afternoon!

I got this when it came out in 1995, but it never really through to me. I'll check it out again.

for me, the best Orb album is "FFWD -> FFWD", although its not really the Orb, but Dr Alex and Fehlmann are involved, same as Orbus Terrarvm

(FFWD = Robert Fripp, Thomas Fehlmann, Kris Weston, and Dr. Alex Paterson.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd2n9Y6yFl0