IGNORED

Drukqs

bubbhasdance

Hey! I want to suck his dick

OK, I confess. Just like that song coz it's about his Cock*. :pedobear:

And with these words, Masonic Boom gracelessly belly flops back onto the WATMM attention whore circuit. Well done, love. Well done.

qft. that's all she talks about, and it's getting annoying if you ask me. I would even say that this a troll or dupe if I didn't just eat a bacon sandwich, yum!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lube Saibot

And with these words, Masonic Boom gracelessly belly flops back onto the WATMM attention whore circuit. Well done, love. Well done.

qft. that's all she talks about, and it's getting annoying if you ask me. I would even say that this a troll or dupe if I didn't just eat a bacon sandwich, yum!

The sad thing is she's for real, and on top of that, having been berated time and time again by countless members for this shit, she relentlessly muses about afx cawk in total fucking spite. WELL DONE YOU. YOU FUCKING FIGHTER YOU.

MB, if you're listening, we welcome all Aphex fans and all fans of electronic music as a whole, but please, for the love of all that is good, stop posting that nonsense. If there were any other reason besides making us all uncomfortable, I wouldn't mind so much. But you have to realize that "I liek Afx I wanna do him" thing has been old since the first post.

We still <3 all our watmmers, don't get me wrong :cool:

Guest Rabid

Kesson daslef is creepy/mysterious, not really sad.

The sad thing is she's for real, and on top of that, having been berated time and time again by countless members for this shit, she relentlessly muses about afx cawk in total fucking spite. WELL DONE YOU. YOU FUCKING FIGHTER YOU.

You may have a point, but your cynicism is also getting fucking annoying. For the record I'm glad Boom's back :biggrin:

Guest Lube Saibot

Kesson daslef is creepy/mysterious, not really sad.

You may have a point, but your cynicism is also getting fucking annoying. For the record I'm glad Boom's back :biggrin:

It's not cynicism, it's oversaturation. Also, if i have a point, i have a fucking point mate, and cynicism doesn't come into the question. If cynical = being slightly tired with some socially inept shut-in giving cancer to WATMM trying to make it somehow more aware than it already painfully is of her being a "real womanz", then fine, I'm a cynic, but whatever my reasons for noting on this aberrant behavior, the behavior is as it is.

If, by any means, you're invoking some other instance of me being what you call "cynical" and i call "critical of idiots", the respective member is probably an idiot. If you like him, you're also an idiot, or one who relates to what idiots say. I genuinely try to keep my head down and be friends with everyone here, and when i can't say nothing nice i often choose to say nothing at all, but when people with no highschool education, people with no grip on reality and especially zealous trolls swarm this place, i get just a little bit bellicose. if you're down with that lot, fuck right off with your hippy self, thanks. :smile:

As Awepittance has (approximately) said (granted, in reply to something i said a while ago): when did criticizing something or someone for its/one's flaws become cynicism, or crankiness? I was perfectly fucking jovial until MBoom's posts made me facepalm a dent into my forehead.

Sort of on topic - RDJ seems to like taking his own photos for album art. I wonder if that's a regular hobby of his, or if he just digs the camera out when he's getting ready to release something.

Guest Lube Saibot

Sort of on topic - RDJ seems to like taking his own photos for album art. I wonder if that's a regular hobby of his, or if he just digs the camera out when he's getting ready to release something.

I think it's more of a hobby of Mrs. RDJ's? :whistling:

Guest Rabid

It's not cynicism, it's oversaturation. Also, if i have a point, i have a fucking point mate, and cynicism doesn't come into the question. If cynical = being slightly tired with some socially inept shut-in giving cancer to WATMM trying to make it somehow more aware than it already painfully is of her being a "real womanz", then fine, I'm a cynic, but whatever my reasons for noting on this aberrant behavior, the behavior is as it is.

If, by any means, you're invoking some other instance of me being what you call "cynical" and i call "critical of idiots", the respective member is probably an idiot. If you like him, you're also an idiot, or one who relates to what idiots say. I genuinely try to keep my head down and be friends with everyone here, and when i can't say nothing nice i often choose to say nothing at all, but when people with no highschool education, people with no grip on reality and especially zealous trolls swarm this place, i get just a little bit bellicose. if you're down with that lot, fuck right off with your hippy self, thanks. :smile:

As Awepittance has (approximately) said (granted, in reply to something i said a while ago): when did criticizing something or someone for its/one's flaws become cynicism, or crankiness? I was perfectly fucking jovial until MBoom's posts made me facepalm a dent into my forehead.

You're out of your fucking mind.

Guest Masonic Boom

OK, hey, what's more of a "cancer" on a messageboard thread:

-2 near-the-knuckle cock jokes within the context and flow of the topic

-a dozen-post derailment of a thread to revive some months-old weird obsessive and overly personal vendetta that has NOTHING at all to do with the topic being discussed?

Answers on a postcard please...

Anyway. There's this album. Drukqs:

Drukqs.jpg

Some of us are, like, re-listening to it and discussing our reactions and favourite tracks.

This album, I think, has the widest emotional range of his albums. And I think that kind of contributes to the sense of overwhelmingness and confusion. It's weirdly sequenced - in a way that others take you on a nice regular journey (well, not regular, but at least ordered, as if he had an idea of the path he's taking the listener down), this is all just chucked on two discs as if deliberately inviting the listener to make their own edits/mixes of what they want to hear. And I'm lazy, I don't want to do that.

Perhaps a better question to ask is not so much, what are your favourite tracks, as what are the ones that people tend to leave out? Which are the tracks that you skip?

I already said I tend to skip Avril 14th in a rush to get to Mt. Saint Michel & St. Michael's Mount. I'll also FF over Gwarek2 unless I'm in a place where I don't mind getting a bit freaked out. (One of the few Aphex songs that genuinely chills/disturbs me, though I can't put my finger on why that one. I think it's the womens screams.)

Used to really avoid Lornaderek but I've come around on that one, now I think it's actually incredibly sweet.

(Please don't make this a "what do you hate?" because I don't think I actively hate any of the tracks on this record, but it's more a "what do you think disrupts your personal flow?")

I think the beat tracks sound like a run away train and he took a thousand samples and threw them in there, but somehow they all fit

Guest Lube Saibot

-a dozen-post derailment of a thread to revive some months-old weird obsessive and overly personal vendetta that has NOTHING at all to do with the topic being discussed?

No need, I've got the internet dictionary right here: one form of WATMM cancer is mental 12-year-old who cannot resist to awkwardly insert mentions of being sexually active (good for youuuuu) at every given chance, then consider that being "within the context and flow". :facepalm: Also, again with this vendetta? I DON'T KNOW YOU. I know you as an avatar, a username and a troll-in-the-name-of-feminism or some shit. Had you abstained from your compulsions for once i wouldn't have said a thing, but as you insist to maintain your 1 afx cawk per post ratio, fuck right off.

As I'm being accused of thread derailment (only a symptom of MBoom derailing my digestive process again), here goes: Drukqs is an achievement like no other. There is no adjective powerful enough to convey it's excellence, especially in the context of AFX's catalog. Since everything is superb, what do you call Drukqs then? Superb doesn't quite begin to suffice. It flows perfectly (i have no idea where the people saying it's a rushed hodge-podge due to his mp3player being stolen or that the piano tracks are "tacked on" get this perception from, to me every track successfully introduces the next through subtle cues and motifs throughout its full length), it is his most consistent album (production values, emotion color, etc) and it is ultimately his most seminal album.

If you take a gander at electronic music (at least, contemporary informed electronic music of the time, not closed-bubble crap stumbling into charts and dinosaurs going through the motions), you will see a strict realignment in tendencies after Drukqs hits. As my friend Candlestickmaker puts it, there's pre-Drukqs and post-Drukqs music, and the few people who escape that division of their work are maybe Spusher (as he'd been doing that thing in his own way for a while, just not with as deft an execution) and Ae (who just always do their own thing). Of course, there's many other examples in that vein, like BoC, Ceephax, DMX Krew, but BoC have a fairly crystallized and in-a-vacuum sound regardless, and Andy and Ed by their very design look back, and not in the "now", for their influences. Everything else after 2001, whether sharing traits or sounding completely different, is to a degree informed by Drukqs, if by nothing else then at least by its nature as a monumental game-changer.

/2 cents

No need, I've got the internet dictionary right here: one form of WATMM cancer is mental 12-year-old who cannot resist to awkwardly insert mentions of being sexually active (good for youuuuu) at every given chance, then consider that being "within the context and flow". :facepalm: Also, again with this vendetta? I DON'T KNOW YOU. I know you as an avatar, a username and a troll-in-the-name-of-feminism or some shit. Had you abstained from your compulsions for once i wouldn't have said a thing, but as you insist to maintain your 1 afx cawk per post ratio, fuck right off.

so how long have you two been having sex?

i for one would like to continue talking about richard's cock.

today's poll:

strawberries or cinnamon? what would you say it tasted like

why can't it taste like both?

like golden grahams served with strawberry milkshake

or a combination of old vinyl and the fresh scent of the cornish countryside

to be honest, i think i prefer crunchy cinnamon cock with a hint of strawberries

Guest Masonic Boom

Lorna!

Derek!

RichaaaAAaa[RESONANCE]AaA

What I want to know is how he got a robot voice with a Welsh accent. ;)

I do love the robot voices dotted all over the place. Makes me kinda wish that he'd joined E.A.R. for a session and circuit bent some Speak N Spells for Data Rape 2 or something.

Archived