IGNORED

Early Alec Empire

Boxing Day

Alec Empire made some great music when he was young and angry. But he's a complete fucking plonker.

http://youtu.be/EH7HyHHXakU

Edit: I can't fucking type this morning.

Oh fucking lol! He looks like Bruno and why is everyone cheering to this crap??

I saw atari teenage riot a couple of years ago and they were like, "hey you guys, do you like politics?" It was so bad i had to leave

Alec Empire made some great music when he was young and angry. But he's a complete fucking plonker.

http://youtu.be/EH7HyHHXakU

Edit: I can't fucking type this morning.

WWWTTTFFFFFF!!!???

Man, that was embarassing. What happened to him?

ATR was my favorite band when I was 13/14. Having grown up being only exposed to radio rock, when I heard ATR for the first time, my brain melted, and I became obsessed. They are what got me into electronic music. As I got more into electronic music, I drifted away from ATR... there was much more interesting stuff to listen to. The energy was really what grabbed me... the energy and the abrasiveness. When I listen to them now, I can't really stomach it much any more, but I still understand why it grabbed me originally. They were also the first concert I ever went to, and so they do have a special place in my heart...

but holy shit what the hell happened to him? As I grew older I realized more and more he was kind of full of shit, but that video verifies it completely.

Guest Sir Winston

I saw him in manchester a couple of years ago on his 'past, present and future' tour. He didnt play anything before 2001 the fucking arse. Nic Endo was there though so it at least gave me something to watch while I was there.

honestly i don't think his new stuff should even be spoken. his old music is really fucking good

you can't write this beat off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SeiXM92Udw

the techno animal collab has aged well. weird music. techno animal is weird overall, i don't even want to know anything about the guy behind it.

Edited by vamos scorcho

• 11 months later...

LOL this thread,

I was listening to Intelligence and Sacrifice the other day, I really love it still - the over the top rage is all part of the fun. But that video I posted a while back in that Mac shop is still massively cringe.. And so is Bug on my Windshield. Oh man, Alec call it a day please.

I was never into ATR back in the day but I can appreciate the statement they made. The only impression that Alec Empire gives today is a prime example of someone whos got carried away with his own hype and has flown well and truly up ones own backside.

• 8 months later...

Just listened to "My Face Would Crack", and now listening to "Bug On My Windshield."

Went from listening to something totally awesome to another thing that's utter shit by the same artist. How can?

• 1 year later...

oh my god i cant believe that apple store vid has been taken down. I came back in this thread just to watch it again!!

cant find another one either (there seems to be some vid of apple store gig but it isnt the same!)

oh my god i cant believe that apple store vid has been taken down. I came back in this thread just to watch it again!!

cant find another one either (there seems to be some vid of apple store gig but it isnt the same!)

It's funny because it is taken down by Alec Empire himself (DHR), you know, the guy actively speaking out about things like censorship.

It's funny because it is taken down by Alec Empire himself (DHR), you know, the guy actively speaking out about things like censorship.

fucking lol