IGNORED

Funny Pictures - The Official Thread

azatoth

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, and even if it was racist, so what? I'll go on record as actually WANTING there to be a place where I can find vulgar racist humor on the internet. And bizarre body-modification, and paranoid conspiracy theories, and tales of depravity and drug use, and "nice tits", and so on...as long as it doesn't involve harm to (real) children, it should be pretty much open season. I never understood the distinction of "hate speech" and all the other subtle and incremental eroding of the right to free speech that seem to be part of the legacy of "PC-ism". The moment someone actually beats a gay guy or minority, absolutely, throw them in jail...but if they're just talking trash? Whatever...incidentally, plenty of black comedians have made careers from borderline racism...

And you don't think that by perpetuating imagery and speech like that it doesn't inspire people to take it from thought/feeling to actions? That while you don't, other people find such things hurtful and offensive?

Gasp...I agree with Joyrex. And saying that people shouldn't take offense at racist/sexist shit rings rather hollow when it comes from a privileged white male.

I could give two shits about people finding it hurtful and offensive. That's what ridicule was invented for. Eventually primitive mindsets are simply laughed out of town, there's no need for the gag.

I didn't say people shouldn't take offense. That's their prerogative as well.

Keep in mind I'm talking free *speech*, not freedom to act like assholes, break shit, and terrorize. Although I would include freedom of assembly as well, so that if the KKK want to march around, whatever, let them do it.

Yeah, freedom of speech is just a wee bit important to me

/thread derail

when people make racist joke's they're usually not racist themselves, when people are really racist they aren't joking, they are being serious. usually politically incorrect humour recognizes those things as absurd, that's why they are funny. I'm not sure what censorhsip achieves in this case, I see making light of those kind of topics necessary so they don't become really serious.

nboEA.gif

Agreed, and even if it was racist, so what? I'll go on record as actually WANTING there to be a place where I can find vulgar racist humor on the internet. And bizarre body-modification, and paranoid conspiracy theories, and tales of depravity and drug use, and "nice tits", and so on...as long as it doesn't involve harm to (real) children, it should be pretty much open season. I never understood the distinction of "hate speech" and all the other subtle and incremental eroding of the right to free speech that seem to be part of the legacy of "PC-ism". The moment someone actually beats a gay guy or minority, absolutely, throw them in jail...but if they're just talking trash? Whatever...incidentally, plenty of black comedians have made careers from borderline racism...

And you don't think that by perpetuating imagery and speech like that it doesn't inspire people to take it from thought/feeling to actions? That while you don't, other people find such things hurtful and offensive?

Gasp...I agree with Joyrex. And saying that people shouldn't take offense at racist/sexist shit rings rather hollow when it comes from a privileged white male.

I could give two shits about people finding it hurtful and offensive.

couldn't

it's

I could give two shits about people finding it hurtful and offensive. That's what ridicule was invented for. Eventually primitive mindsets are simply laughed out of town, there's no need for the gag.

Keep in mind I'm talking free *speech*, not freedom to act like assholes, break shit, and terrorize. Although I would include freedom of assembly as well, so that if the KKK want to march around, whatever, let them do it.

/thread derail

You're confusing freedom to speak your mind with individuals' desires to oppress others and spread hate. That, and the foolish belief that everyone will 'behave' and not take the step towards action.

An example (if I may):

It's not fair to suppress a person's right to religious freedom or their opinion on their government's activities.

It's wrong to allow people to spread hate and dissension where the sole purpose is to create anarchy and hurt others, directly or not.

And not caring how people feel or think contradicts your desire for free speech - if you don't care how something affects someone, why should they care about allowing you to speak your mind or voice your opinions?

/thread derail

You're confusing freedom to speak your mind with individuals' desires to oppress others and spread hate. That, and the foolish belief that everyone will 'behave' and not take the step towards action.

An example (if I may):

It's not fair to suppress a person's right to religious freedom or their opinion on their government's activities.

It's wrong to allow people to spread hate and dissension where the sole purpose is to create anarchy and hurt others, directly or not.

And not caring how people feel or think contradicts your desire for free speech - if you don't care how something affects someone, why should they care about allowing you to speak your mind or voice your opinions?

its

shh guise, i just got a call and its Joyrex!

It-s-monty-python-10869063-399-312.jpg

...said his PMS is getting unbearable

it's

Bah, shows what you know - I shaved today! :lol:

SHAVE? never!

The case here wasnt censorship though. If he hosts the stuff himself grand he can do that. But any commercial server has the right to chose what the host. That'd be like some man coming into a restaurant and shout racist shit, if you allow him to stay there, you're basically condoning the behaviour.

Bad people aren't made by TV and the internet, despite what people say

first sentence: nah, don't agree. Talk is just talk. Free speech is indivisible and absolute, you either buy it as a concept or not. For example, I should be free to say I am going to be the next Timothy McVeigh...but until I actually buy the fertilizer, I haven't done anything wrong.

Second sentence makes no sense at all to me. Free speech is in no way dependent on what the other person thinks of me. It's a principle, not a plea for "mutual respect."

The case here wasnt censorship though. If he hosts the stuff himself grand he can do that. But any commercial server has the right to chose what the host. That'd be like some man coming into a restaurant and shout racist shit, if you allow him to stay there, you're basically condoning the behaviour.

Yep, I know and agree. It is completely their call. Nonetheless, I'm bummed out by a world where people feel threatened by a site like ER, and pressured to conform. It's just like the wikileaks thing. Remember when paypal/amazon (iirc) pulled the wikileaks accounts? Yes, they were fully within their rights to do so, but it was still depressing.

I should be free to say I am going to be the next Timothy McVeigh

ain't got nothing to say, like timmie mcveigh,

so shut the fuck up like silent bob.

I'm bummed out by a world where people feel threatened

srsly man just put it back in yr pants

:excl:

anyways the zombie apocalypse could be coming so ready up..

564316_351656881550728_100001192561567_943056_850943172_n.jpg

Archived