IGNORED

Indentifying Shrooms

BoomTssPhace

Guest abusivegeorge

Hello Hussy, the advice I've always been given, and the only advice I actually trust, is to take someone with you who knows what the fuck they are doing.

Guest Babar

In france you can go to a pharmacy and show them your shrooms. They'll tell you which are good an which are bad. Keep the bad ones.

On a more serious note : pharmacist really have to know a lot of stuff about mushrooms if they want to have their degree. Maybe it's the same in the US..

In france you can go to a pharmacy and show them your shrooms. They'll tell you which are good an which are bad. Keep the bad ones.

On a more serious note : pharmacist really have to know a lot of stuff about mushrooms if they want to have their degree. Maybe it's the same in the US..

but are what they say are the bad ones actually the good ones? a lot of psychoactive shrooms are listed as poisonous

growing kits and head shops otherwise get googling

if you want a proper 'fear and loathing' experience the the mexican red cap stuff is pretty immense :crazy:

Guest Jimbob

in the UK as far as i know there aren't any dangerous mushrooms you can mistake for Liberty Caps, but i'm sure it's a different story in the States.

Anyway, it's not the season for another three months?

Reeeeaaaaaally?

My brother just got his degree in pharmacology, maybe I should have a chat with him.

Guest Babar

well they have to be able to tell apart good shrooms from bad shrooms specifically for people like BoomTssphace (i mean people who picks mushrooms in order to eat them). They will deem psychoactive shrooms as "bad shrooms" but i'm sure if you find a young pharmacologist and a way to ask it properly, he'll show you what shrooms are of the "mindblowing" type.

Another good way to tell apart poisonous shrooms from mental ones is to make a portfolio on photobucket or something and post it on psychonauts.com

as george said, bring someone that know's what they're doing. do the best to verse yourself on the psilocybin species. take pictures of them in the wild and after picking - post them on here asking for id. albeit it is just a bunch of random strangers though many of them seem to know what they are doing. eat everything you find without question.

Guest ruiagnelo

That's good, as its such a serious problem. In my country, i don't think anyone cares about that at all :(

Guest Dirty Protest

They have a tit on them and they look like this, at least European ones do anyway.

110653_f520.jpg

They dont grow until the ground is moist, so autumn until the frist day of frost, then they die out almost over night. So if theyre anything like European mushrooms, youre not picking anything.

Maybe US ones are different. The mexican ones I dont like at all, might be because theyre never fresh for us.

lol. had some lectures today on how hard it is to classify and distinguish fungi species. good luck and have fun while trying out whatever you find :]

Ya, if you're in the US be VERY careful consuming what you find. There are many species of poisonous mushrooms that can easily be mistaken for psilocybin. Find someone to go with you and show you, or do a lot of research and check the sites others have posted.

On a side note, IDK if anyone else here is a Morel fan, but our season sucked this year... It was good rain, but it got really cold a couple of times and if just fucked them over.

Guest Dirty Protest

lol. had some lectures today on how hard it is to classify and distinguish fungi species. good luck and have fun while trying out whatever you find :]

I done a week long fungus ID course, mainly involved having a drink, walking about a forrest and eating the spoils at the end of the day. The dude that taught the course was being paid by some government body to try isolate what makes psilocybin unique, then kill them all. Thankfully he said he was some way off, tho that was a while ago, so I hope the failure continued.

Ive also done tree ID at night, were we went round licking and smelling tree leaves and bark in the dark. Still havent found an outlet for that skill, but 1 day...

Guest nene multiple assgasms

wait, there are government employees, and their mission is to eliminate species? :wtf:

find shrooms that are obvious psilocybe cubensis. they're obvious, because they always look something like this:

reality_benders.jpg

magic+mushroom+ABC+News+WQ.jpg

wild-magic-mushrooms.jpg

Orange/Golden caps (sometimes only the tips of the caps are orange/golden, leaving a white outer ring ).

White/Orange stems

If healthy, when fractured, torn, or scratched, the stem turns a shade of purple.

i know you live in florida boomtssphace, as do i... it'd be much appreciated if you reported back with your findings... :spiteful:

Guest Dirty Protest

wait, there are government employees, and their mission is to eliminate species? :wtf:

Its quite a depressing concept. Sadly I cant see many field hunchbacks rising up against Babylon on this one.

Guest sickboy

Its quite a depressing concept. Sadly I cant see many field hunchbacks rising up against Babylon on this one.

no offence but that sounds like complete bollocks

...got any references?

Guest Dirty Protest

no offence but that sounds like complete bollocks

...got any references?

Believe what you like, i dont give a shit.

I know that different regions have different variations, so what would a common shroom look like in the area of, say, central florida? Here we're reaching (apparently) good conditions for picking: humid, frequent rain, appropriate temperature, etc.

psilocybe cubensis, see my post on the first page (last post)

they look like this:

Psilocybe_cubensis.jpg

also,

i know you live in florida boomtssphace, as do i... it'd be much appreciated if you reported back with your findings... :spiteful:

Archived