IGNORED

The Walking Dead - AMC TV Series (spoilers everywhere)

Rubin Farr

Yeah i really wish this show was only about white people. Also less characterization and story, maybe get rid of most of the conflict and challenges. Just a bunch of white men getting along traipsing through waves of zombies effortlessly. Now thats a TV experience i wouldn't have to feel conscious about.

while i agree that television should cater exclusively to the needs of white audiences, story matters at amc, and less story wouldn't really fit with the channel's brand. i mean, look at mad men, there's just so much story packed into four seasons that it's become infinitely dense and you can't even tell me what the fuck the show is about.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I liked the last episode the best so far I think, though when they first introduced the "gang" I was like alright this show jumped the shark. I think I just like Laurie Holden and she was in a lot of scenes.

that gang thing was silly, the stolen van was lame and probably sets up something lamer (he's gonna be the governor i tell ya) . i'm not too happy with the liberties they're taking with the story.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

I had no hopes that this was going to be some amazingly acted, incredibly written show, so I haven't really been disappointed at all. Some of the acting episode 2 was the only time that I was almost facepalming. I have been content with most everything else. I really like group survival in danger of being murdered scenarios though (Which is why I liked stuff like Demon Knight almost as much as I liked From Dusk Till Dawn) I can turn down my expectations/analytical tenancies for entertainment like this.

that gang thing was silly, the stolen van was lame and probably sets up something lamer (he's gonna be the governor i tell ya) . i'm not too happy with the liberties they're taking with the story.

and they killed the hot chick! :facepalm:

Yes, this show is still very much enjoyable, I liked the end of the latest episode more than anything they've shown me since the pilot though. I'm not looking forward to the return of Henry the serial killer, I hated that character and I don't see it going anywhere interesting.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

yeah my interest is losing interest. i'll give the show the chance it deserves though.

the blonde girls death shows that any of the characters can die at any moment. except maybe egg and carl

I don't mind some of the liberties they're taking with the comic. It's like they're fleshing it out and making it more real. They have to take their time with it a bit more since the comic has to cram in a lot of information every month. Each story arc is only 6 issues.

They're probably trying to emulate Kirkman's writing style where things will be pretty calm for a while and then BAM, someone important dies, changing the way everyone interacts with one another.

I'm sure the acting will get better over time. Unless it's like Heroes, where it just got increasingly worse. Actually, Milo Ventimiglia got better, and Hayden Panettiere got much much worse, which brought down my entire opinion of the show.

If you haven't read the comic, don't open this spoiler:

I wonder how they're going to handle the Michonne rape scenes. I think it's an integral part of the series, even though it made me real squeamish when I first read it.

i fucking hate cliffhangers.

anyway... show's turning out more like i'd want it. poeple figuring out if right and wrong make sense in the new world and being pushed to the limits.

not read the comic but i am enjoying this tv show

lighten up a bit guys

enjoy it for what it is

vastly better than most stuff

i think we have been spoiled by such amazing shows over the last few years that people are fucking shitting over anything that isnt on par with the wire

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

i think we have been spoiled by such amazing shows over the last few years that people are fucking shitting over anything that isnt on par with the wire

QFT

deserted_atl_after.jpg

For what it's worth, that particular shot looked horribly obvious/unimpressive when it aired on TV.

come on, it looked fucking great.

episode 5 kind of lost me, i was interested in it for the first 10 minutes or so but i just started doing chores around the house while it played in the background.

Edited by Awepittance

deserted_atl_after.jpg

For what it's worth, that particular shot looked horribly obvious/unimpressive when it aired on TV.

come on, it looked fucking great.

episode 5 kind of lost me, i was interested in it for the first 10 minutes or so but i just started doing chores around the house while it played in the background.

most of the effects have been pretty great but he's right, that shot is just not good. the lighting on the train and the cars doesn't really match the rest of the shot, it's a pretty obvious composite.